Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutouts Location in a Dual Exhaust setup, Behind or in Front of X pipe ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutouts Location in a Dual Exhaust setup, Behind or in Front of X pipe ?

i was wonder since some of you guys would probably have the experience, where would i get the most performance, placing the cutouts behind the x pipe or in front of the x pipe. i thought placing them just in front of the x pipe to use the x scanvenging features, but i would like to hear some experiences from people who has experimented with this setup.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'd want it behind the X-merge. That way, you take advantage of the scavenging effects of the X-pipe. Putting the cutouts before the X-merge will be akin to running open headers and you'll lose the effects of the crossover. It's been proven on a dyno that X-pipes increase horsepower over open headers. Of course, this may go out the window if you have a 1,000+horsepower race car with some kind of fancy header collectors that are tuned-length or something, but for pretty much any application that an LS1 will see, you'd want it after the X-merge.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man