Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever modify rear seat pans for TDs w/ Magnaflow 4x9's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got home and i have the single chamber flows on and it sounds awsome and its not loud at all it is very tame and running throgh the gears sounds awsome ill make a thread later w/ pics and sound clips
Old 12-04-2007, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Location: Way Out In The Boonies Chasin' Hill Billies, North GA

Originally Posted by LTLRDSS
just got home and i have the single chamber flows on and it sounds awsome and its not loud at all it is very tame and running throgh the gears sounds awsome ill make a thread later w/ pics and sound clips
Awesome. Thanks man.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by topdownTA
These are great responses I'm getting from everyone! Thanks! Based on what everyone is saying, there is no need to modify the floors, which is what I was hoping to hear!

Now for the other question raised. I need opinions on muffler selection, b/c until I started this thread, I was pretty much sold on the Magnaflows. I was under the impression that the Edelbrocks were out of my price range, but I didn't realize that they made them in mild steel. The mild steel Edelbrocks are about the same price as the stainless steel Magnaflows.

One one hand, I would kind of like the setup to be all stainless, but I can't afford the stainless Edelbrocks at $150 ea. +1 for the Magnaflows. On the other hand, the Edelbrocks are not quite as common (which is cool b/c I would like my setup to be somewhat different), and might possibly be a little quieter. +1 for Edelbrock.

What are everyone's thoughts? Any other suggestions on muffler selection to throw into the mix (Borlas are already out due to $$$)? Thanks!
Definitely go with the Magnaflows. Mine sounded awesome even with my gay stock cam. When Assassin gets the exhaust hooked up I'm sure he'll tell ya the same thing.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95 Z28
Definitely go with the Magnaflows. Mine sounded awesome even with my gay stock cam. When Assassin gets the exhaust hooked up I'm sure he'll tell ya the same thing.
I don't think I can go wrong either way, but I'm probably leaning towards the MFs. On LS1sounds.com the TD Edelbrocks dumped sounds quiet...even my wife mentioned that. I'm sure they're probably a lot louder than the videos give them credit for, but the MFs are proven. Decisions decisions.....
Old 12-05-2007, 11:40 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was a guy who modified his floor pans not too long ago. I'm trying to find it, but not having much luck.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
There was a guy who modified his floor pans not too long ago. I'm trying to find it, but not having much luck.
Thanks! If you find it I'd be interested. I searched on the topic for a few evenings with no luck.

Quick Reply: Ever modify rear seat pans for TDs w/ Magnaflow 4x9's?