Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most quiet true dual mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
I see alot of one chamber setups...wouldnt 2 chambers have the same ground clearance?..They are both 4" cases in a 3" in/out...and if those fit...what are the measurments on Hooker Aerochambers?...I have contemplated the Thrush 2 Chambers. Jegs has em for about $30 each. That is CHEAP
Yes the 40 series are the same case height, just a couple inches longer w/ the extra chamber, that's what i'm running.. But they are not quiet by any means, to me they just have more of the tingy flowmaster sound vs. the one chambers.

-Mike
Old 12-08-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
jumbo shrimp, work party, plastic glasses, quiet true duals.....

Get it? haha

But some kind of cat(Magnaflow's) will help out.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sure my neighbors hate my car too, i only have a flowmaster muffler with 3" pipes after the y-pipe with a cutout for now, but thats not going to stop me from getting TD's and LT's, lol. i would rather be happy about the way it sounds and be hated by my neighbors, but thats just my opinion. (but then again, ive never been harassed by my neighbors about my car, it might get old...guess we'll see, lol.)
Old 12-08-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Screw the neighbors has my vote too!!!! Serves them right for living next to you LOL!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by T/AWS6969
Screw the neighbors has my vote too!!!! Serves them right for living next to you LOL!!!
Well this isnt the only reason. I also like to do some late night "driving" with some friends and want to reduce the cop magnet factor. Dont get me wrong here...I love loud, but I want to go mild for a while. So to the above poster....are you telling me one chambers and two chambers are just as loud?
Old 12-08-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

So to the above poster....are you telling me one chambers and two chambers are just as loud?
If you're asking me, then yes & no.. I've had both one & two chambers on my set-up, the only difference is the one chambers were alot more droney especially at highway cruising speed.. The two chambers are just as loud at wot, but are more mellow while cruising & less droney imo... All of my neighbors are elder & haven't had a complaint yet, but I normally take it pretty easy in the hood.. Alough I know they can hear me in the morning on cold sart up, everything in my house starts vibrating, lol.

-Mike

Last edited by MM98; 12-08-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

you could get an adjustable Borla Its not too loud when its closed up but screams when its open
Old 12-08-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MM98
If you're asking me, then yes & no.. I've had both one & two chambers on my set-up, the only difference is the one chambers were alot more droney especially at highway cruising speed.. The two chambers are just as loud at wot, but are more mellow while cruising & less droney imo... All of my neighbors are elder & haven't had a complaint yet, but I normally take it pretty easy in the hood.. Alough I know they can hear me in the morning on cold sart up, everything in my house starts vibrating, lol.

-Mike
Thanks. I've wondered what the direct difference would be between the 1s and 2s.

Quick Reply: Most quiet true dual mufflers?