Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ORY + Drivability + Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool ORY + Drivability + Reliability?

OK i know ORY makes 3 more hp, its cheaper too. Now of course i would need a tune whether it had cats or not, but i plan on having this as my daily driver, want to get the pacesetters and ory but a little scared about inspections even though i no people.

Now can you get the SES light to be tuned so it doesnt go on for a certain code like the no cats? Will the light still go on when the key is turned on run? I know thats part of the inspection tests. Now how does the computer no when to be in closed loop or well it be tuned to allways be in closed loop because of no cats? sorry if these are stupid questions.

Now do people even use 02 sensors with the ORY? Will the 02 senors be able to read correctly for the computer to adjust things or when its tuned it pretty much just stays how the tune is programmed? sorry i dont no alot about this but i want my car to be faster and run nice like stock, and be just as reliable. thanks sorry if this is stupid.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

It will be your o2 sensors throwing codes since there will be no cats. That will cause your SES light to be on. Once you get it tuned, it will be tuned for no cats, and your SES light won't ever come on for that reason. OR, I believe you can get o2 sims, which act like fake sensors to stop your SES light from coming on. I saw that as extra **** I really didn't need, and just had mine tuned out.

That being said I'm not sure how emissions work with that. It isn't going to fool the computer, because I think they actually measure the exhaust coming out of the pipe, and not a computer reading, but I may be wrong. I know some places will fail just by hearing your car, as they know it isn't legal. I'd advise against the SLP LM2 if you want a chance on that. I guess it comes down to how strict they are with those tests.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

o well i know a handfull of people that would pass my car and where i live they dont measure the exhaust, they just plug it in a computer after the visuals pass. thats it but i know they turn the key on the run position with engine off and it asks the inspector if the SES light turned on, just to make sure it the bulb isnt removed or it was turned completely off. thats all im worried about and how well the car runs. i want it to run perfect i guess. i dont think LS1 cars are that popular around me and there arnt that many dynos i no of. thanks.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have rear O2 sensors..no need for them. My Pacesetter ORY didn't even come with holes for the sensors.

Where are you located? If there are no tuners near you, you could always get a handheld tuner like the Diablo Predator and turn off the codes.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, the SES light will still work for everything except for missing o2 sensors. So when they turn the key it will light up, but won't stay on when running. The car will run no problem when tuned. Mine ran fine, as far as sound, even before it was tuned. I don't think you have anything to worry about with it.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well sounds good so far, is there anything i missed that i might want to check, anything i need that i didnt list? I know people usually get the engine mounts since there in there. and gaskets too. anything else i need to look into? thanks.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ory is the way to go....have the tune delete the rear o2s and be happy