Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another DIY Ram Air...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:52 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Huge *** fan.

I want to do something similar on my formula once I get it back together.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you secure the hoses to the bumper? I would like to do something similar but without cutting anything. Yeah, I will have to make the hoses more square at the box, but I think it will work better than just FRA or SSRA. And it is still cheaper. Hell I already hae the hose lying around.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i sealed it using black duct tape and black silicon to avoid damaging anything and leak proof. Same as at the top of the air box after i cut the metal out under it.

I have since sold the car and dont have pics once the bumper was on...i dont think anyway.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BADSZ28
How do you secure the hoses to the bumper? I would like to do something similar but without cutting anything. Yeah, I will have to make the hoses more square at the box, but I think it will work better than just FRA or SSRA. And it is still cheaper. Hell I already hae the hose lying around.
Witho cutting anything I think it would be hard. I did mine with minimal cutting. I cut the foam pieces from behind the bumper behind the grill, there is a small opening partially covered by metal from the bumper that I did not cut. I ran hose from behind the foam cuts up to the core support under the box.

Originally Posted by BlackhawkSS
i sealed it using black duct tape and black silicon to avoid damaging anything and leak proof. Same as at the top of the air box after i cut the metal out under it.

I have since sold the car and dont have pics once the bumper was on...i dont think anyway.
how did you cute the lower piece of the support under the lid? My dremel and wheel wouldnt reach down that far?

Quick Reply: Another DIY Ram Air...