Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classic Chamber Vids

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Classic Chamber Vids

Anyone got any vids of the Classic Chambered exhaust mufflers on their rides? If so, post up... i tried looking on LS1Sounds but didn't find too much...
Old 01-21-2008, 11:10 PM
MASS seller approved

http://www.eadperformance.com/35thvideos/chambered/

All of the above are on a 408.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks Tim!

now if i can just get my stupid computer to play them
Old 01-22-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a couple of I had on the laptop. I think I have some better ones on the desktop:

Old 01-22-2008, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by '00_Z
Here are a couple of I had on the laptop. I think I have some better ones on the desktop:

man that sounds good.... Thanks!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks man! Thats with long tubes and a short Powerstick in place of the LM1 resonator. I'm contemplating going duals with two medium ones in the future. The Powersticks are great pieces, and the price is right too!
Old 01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks man! Thats with long tubes and a short Powerstick in place of the LM1 resonator. I'm contemplating going duals with two medium ones in the future. The Powersticks are great pieces, and the price is right too!
are those your only mods? Do you wish it was any quieter?

I ask because i'm gonna have a similiar setup... as i'm getting LT's, ORY, and have the LM1 as well...

anything else you wish you would have done to change it?

if you find more vids on your desktop post em up
Old 01-23-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tim @ EAD Performance
got the videos to work... Man that 408 sounds mean as hell... I'm pretty sold on the Classic Chambered...

just gotta figure out the difference between the powerstick and powerpack, and which one would be the best for my application...

Once my car gets back from the shop i'll probably know more about what I want... as of right now i really don't know what to expect...

Basically i'll have LT's, ORY, and LM1 with a 224 cam in a 6.0L... I imagine it's gonna be pretty darn loud, which I like loud, but I don't want a cop magnet either so... that's my dilema...

also where to place the muffler(s), would be my next decision... in place of the LM1 resonator? or 1 behind each tailpipe and keep the LM1 resonator..?

decisions, decisions....
Old 01-23-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Junkie

anymore vids out there?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:20 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
got the videos to work... Man that 408 sounds mean as hell... I'm pretty sold on the Classic Chambered...

just gotta figure out the difference between the powerstick and powerpack, and which one would be the best for my application...

Once my car gets back from the shop i'll probably know more about what I want... as of right now i really don't know what to expect...

Basically i'll have LT's, ORY, and LM1 with a 224 cam in a 6.0L... I imagine it's gonna be pretty darn loud, which I like loud, but I don't want a cop magnet either so... that's my dilema...

also where to place the muffler(s), would be my next decision... in place of the LM1 resonator? or 1 behind each tailpipe and keep the LM1 resonator..?

decisions, decisions....
Please check out the thread in my signature about the powerpack exhaust. Includes many pictures, movies, dynos, and build up of the 4" exhaust of the videos that I posted.

I would replace the LM1 resonator. If you want to quiet it down a bit more, put one in front of each tail pipe also.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Please check out the thread in my signature about the powerpack exhaust. Includes many pictures, movies, dynos, and build up of the 4" exhaust of the videos that I posted.

I would replace the LM1 resonator. If you want to quiet it down a bit more, put one in front of each tail pipe also.
Thanks Tim, I checked out the thread... so the powersticks and powerpacks are the same? just no crimps in the powerpacks? One's not louder/quieter than the other?

and this question might sound stupid but i just wanted to verify... if I have a 2.5" y-pipe... then i would need a 2.5" muffler (stick/pack) correct?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:53 PM
MASS seller approved

Thanks Tim, I checked out the thread... so the powersticks and powerpacks are the same? just no crimps in the powerpacks? One's not louder/quieter than the other?

and this question might sound stupid but i just wanted to verify... if I have a 2.5" y-pipe... then i would need a 2.5" muffler (stick/pack) correct?

The Powerpacks have no crimps and will be slightly quieter and provide bit smoother tone with better drone/rasp reduction.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Junkie

The Powerpacks have no crimps and will be slightly quieter and provide bit smoother tone with better drone/rasp reduction.
so would you recommend the powerpack over the powerstick?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

are those your only mods? Do you wish it was any quieter?

I ask because i'm gonna have a similiar setup... as i'm getting LT's, ORY, and have the LM1 as well...

anything else you wish you would have done to change it?

if you find more vids on your desktop post em up
Yeah those are my mods besides an SLP lid. One thing I would have done different is use a longer muffler. The other thing you have to be careful of is welding the steel powerstick to the stainless LM pipe. The guy that put mine in is a friend, though he kind of cobbled it together and used a bad coupling to mate the powerstick and ory.

I couldn't really complain too much seeing as how he installed my headers at his shop for free, tying up his only lift for a week while he worked on my car on the side. Now if it's true what Tim says about the powerpack elimnating some of the drone and rasp then I would give them a shot.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah those are my mods besides an SLP lid. One thing I would have done different is use a longer muffler. The other thing you have to be careful of is welding the steel powerstick to the stainless LM pipe. The guy that put mine in is a friend, though he kind of cobbled it together and used a bad coupling to mate the powerstick and ory.

I couldn't really complain too much seeing as how he installed my headers at his shop for free, tying up his only lift for a week while he worked on my car on the side. Now if it's true what Tim says about the powerpack elimnating some of the drone and rasp then I would give them a shot.
cool, thanks for all your info!

and like i said, if you ever find your other videos post em up
Old 01-23-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Here's mine http://www.classicchambered.com/sounds/RichZ.mpg
Old 01-24-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rich Z
yup... I like it
Old 01-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Tough Mudder

I've built a true dual system using a pair of Stainless Works mufflers that were given to me. I dumped it at the axle. I recently bought a pair of short Powerpack mufflers that I'm going to use when I run it out the back. I'm going to go under the axle.

Here's my plan:
Cut off the turn downs from behind the SW mufflers and weld on a flange. Weld on a flange to the turn downs. Piece together an under the axle setup using the short Powerpack mufflers with flanges to attach the pipe behind the SW mufflers.

This way I can attach the turndowns when I want to have it dumped at the axle, or attach the Powerpack mufflers when I want it more quiet and run out the back.

I'm considering tips vs. another pair of flanges behind the Powerpacks that would let me just bolt on the turn downs I'll already have.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Hilton
I've built a true dual system using a pair of Stainless Works mufflers that were given to me. I dumped it at the axle. I recently bought a pair of short Powerpack mufflers that I'm going to use when I run it out the back. I'm going to go under the axle.

Here's my plan:
Cut off the turn downs from behind the SW mufflers and weld on a flange. Weld on a flange to the turn downs. Piece together an under the axle setup using the short Powerpack mufflers with flanges to attach the pipe behind the SW mufflers.

This way I can attach the turndowns when I want to have it dumped at the axle, or attach the Powerpack mufflers when I want it more quiet and run out the back.

I'm considering tips vs. another pair of flanges behind the Powerpacks that would let me just bolt on the turn downs I'll already have.
interesting setup... you'll have to post pictures when you get it finished
Old 01-30-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic