Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z06 Exhaust

I sold my T/A and I will be buying a c5 Z. I was wanting to know what do you guys with zs do with the exhaust. I know the factory cat back is Ti, so do you just replace the mufflers with aftermarket mufflers or the whole cat back. I love the way b&b or the corsa indy sounds on the vette. I know with just the coupes everyone gets the entire cat back. Just let me know if its worth keeping the Ti or just buy an entire cat back.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not many vette guys tonight?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Depends on how in depth you want to go. I have seen a couple companys that offer new x-pipes as well that bolt right in and are good for a couple more ponies. I think LG makes a complete system from the heads to the tips for $2500, way outta my price range but a very nice set-up. It seems all of the kits bolt in, welding the titanium is tricky and most exhaust shops can't do it, and you would have to have aftermarket titainium mufflers to weld in.

AFAIK the coupe and FRC/Z06 catbacks are all the same. But I am a new to the C5's so take that with a grain of salt. I know alot of non Z06 cars run the Ti catback.

If you decide to sell your Ti cat back shoot me a PM, I would be interested in it.

Last edited by 95ttoplt1; 01-23-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I was asking because alot of coupe guys buy the Ti catback and run on their car. I am planning on getting Lts and high flow cats, but I did not know if I should keep the factory catback or replace it. I am not sure as to how well it flows, I know the reason for the Ti is weight savings.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sure how it stacks up against the aftermarket systems. I know it would be an improvement for my coupe

Have you tried corvetteforums.com ?? The guys over there do have some good information if you can get around the ego's.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
Yeah, I was asking because alot of coupe guys buy the Ti catback and run on their car. I am planning on getting Lts and high flow cats, but I did not know if I should keep the factory catback or replace it. I am not sure as to how well it flows, I know the reason for the Ti is weight savings.
There is no power difference between the Ti system and most aftermarket cat back systems. I run Dynamax LTs with high flow cats, an X pipe and Borla Stingers on my Z and trade back and forth to my Ti system when I need to quiet the motor for certain tracks. LTs and Borlas = 96db at 70ft and LTs and the Ti = 89db at 70ft. Both sound measurements at WOT in third.