Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers Question.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers Question.....

i juss bought pacesetter headers i gotta 01 automatic ta no cats whats the headers gonna do for me power wise guys?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you planning on getting a tune after the Lt installation? If you are deleting your cats at the least you will need 02 sims, and they are getting hard to find since the epa banned them. So you will need a tune to cut off the rear 02s or you will have to live with a ses and not pass emissions. A typical Lt install will net you around 25 hp. With a tune you will gain more hp.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
Are you planning on getting a tune after the Lt installation? If you are deleting your cats at the least you will need 02 sims, and they are getting hard to find since the epa banned them. So you will need a tune to cut off the rear 02s or you will have to live with a ses and not pass emissions. A typical Lt install will net you around 25 hp. With a tune you will gain more hp.
Sorry to butt in... Check this place out: http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/
There you can get O2 sims... Pretty cheap if you ask me, and they are honest too. I just ordered mine there, ordered the wrong ones, but they knew which ones I meant, and sent them right over. I paid $78 for 2, including shipping.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:33 AM
12 Second Club

yeah thats where I got mine too, I heard about the epa crackdown and figured Id pick a set up for the future.