Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Y PIPE SUCKS!!! Want to start over!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd be happy to take your "$hitty" y pipe off your hands. how much you want for it? btw another option would have been providing your current y pipe and letting a muffler shop just modify it, as they'd have a basis to start with and likely just have to make a few tweaks. building an exhaust isnt rocket science. i've been building them from scratch since i was 17 and barely knew how to operate a MIG. so why not build one from scratch now? i am, but like i just said, i can modify yours and make it fit like a glove, and even have the 4inch exhaust im after, that you obviously didnt want.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

where in nj are you from? since the borla is stainless, who dont you have a good shop make you a stainless y?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just now installing a set of QTPs I bought from a board member with a catted Y pipe. To be brief, the headers and the Y pipe fit like ***. The headers hit the K member on both sides and the y pipe will have to be cut apart and reworked for me to use it.

I should have just kept my Mac mids.

Re'
Old 03-20-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

did you install the headers correctly? did you push the collector all the way up to the floorboard then tighten the header bolts? mine don't hit the k member at all. are the LT1 and LS1 k members different?

Quick Reply: QTP Y PIPE SUCKS!!! Want to start over!