Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP pulley or FTRA? Which mod to do first?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ASP pulley or FTRA? Which mod to do first?

These two mods are my last bolt ons to do and i can only afford one of them for now and the other will be picked up in a few months. Which would be the one to go on first? I hear that people like the FTRA better or vice versa. The only thing that im worried about on the ASP pulley is that some people complained about picking up KR because of them not seating on the crank flush enough??? Any problems lately with the pulley or just a bad batch?
Old 07-09-2003, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: ASP pulley or FTRA? Which mod to do first?

I have had zero problems with both.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:19 AM
11 Second Club

ASAP Pulley first --have had on my car for almost 3 years with zero problems. Picked up about a tenth

FTRA would be second--I had my transmission cooler mounted on passenger side of radiator. The FTRA I purchase had to be fabricated/shortened to fit within the space. The shortened FTRA of around 4 inches may be hurting airflow. I am only telling you to prevent a problem like mine. If I had it to do all over again, the transmission cooler would be mounted in another location such as windshield reservior location. Cheers.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Not sure what the pulley gave me, but the FTRA gave me 2 tenths, and 2 mph in the 1/4.