Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LPP Header Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LPP Header Review

I got my headers like 2 weeks ago or so and they installed flawlessly.

The color remains nice and shiny. The quality was excellent. I honestly wasn't expecting something this well made. If you have any doubts on the bends or welds have no fear. They did slip right on. I pulled all the spark plugs out because I was replacing them anyways.

The Y pipe was built almost just as good I'd say. It banged on the drivers side floorboard however I fixed it with heater pipe and a little clamp running through it and wrapped it around the whole thing right where it was hitting. Problem solved! Now I hear nothing but smooth exhaust.

The clamps that came with it were your normal crap U clamps. They worked about as well as not having clamps there at all, no offense. I hated them. It caused some leaks and what-not. So I went up to NAPA and bought 3 3" Band clamps which sealed everything up very nicely. No more leaks or anything.

So, I'd rate the headers for the price an easy 8 or 9/10. As for the ORY it's nice to have that in SS as well so I'd give that an 8/10. Granted this is not perfect by any means it's seriously the best you can get for your money. Shipping was fast, all my questions were normally answer immediately.

Thank you black2002ws6!

Any questions or comments welcome. I'll try to check this often. I can post some decent quality pics if anyone wants.

Also, ground clearance I've had no issues.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

ya i wouldnt mind seeing some pics of them installed, i am almost positively going this route. i am waiting on the revised version of the headers though, did u get the new Y?
Old 02-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

Unfortunately I didn't. I was like days too early. But it's ok. That would have only made things even better than they were.

Tomorrow I will try and get some pictures up if it's not snowing and raining here still.

Oh, I did have some spark plug issues you could say. There are actually 2 boots that physically touch the headers however it's not enough to burn through anything and I have yet to have any problems. I took off the heat shields too. If for some reason, which I highly doubt they melt through I will just get some new ones cause I wouldn't mind having some anyways.

Other than those little issues I mentioned I used the stock gaskets and bolts and everything's fine. No leaks up top or anything.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

What was your feeling after the install. How does the car perform?