Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent Misfire at Idle and Low RPM's/Partial Throttle... HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intermittent Misfire at Idle and Low RPM's/Partial Throttle... HELP!!!

A few days ago my car randomly started misfiring and bogging while I was driving. It would do this at low RPM's and partial throttle, bhut once I gave it a decent amount of throttle it would jump back to life. I checked the codes and I got a P0300 Random/Multiple cylinder Misfire.

I replaced the plugs, and it seemed fine for a couple days, but then two nights ago it started doing it again... I scanned it today and got a P0302 Cylinder 2 misfire code and a P0152 O2 Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 code...

So I replaced the Plug wires, and switched the coils on cylinders 2 and 4... Nothing changed except it went from the P0302 code to a P0300 code again(Random Cylinder Misfire).

I'm stumped... I have no idea what to do, and I cant afford to keep changing parts on it til I find the one that fixes it... I'm kind of leaning towards O2 sensors, but they are like $87 each...

Also, it smells TERRIBLE!!! I'm not sure if it's lean or rich but its ******* baddddd...

What do I do????? Thanks in advance for any help...
Old 02-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Teching In

I'm having the same exact problem. When you find an answer, PLEASE let me know... Thanks!
Old 02-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Launching!

I cant remember which bank was "1" and which was "2" bt I had a random misfire code a while back. The sensor "1" is the upstream o2 in front of the cat. as opossed to sensor "2" which is after the cat. it sounds like your left side o2 in front (upstream from cat) took a dump. in fact I think thats the one I had to replace. It fixed my problem which came outta nowhere one day and it came sudden! sorry if Im not tooo clear, maybe someone a litttle bit more sober can help me help you. . good luck.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds to me like a bad 02.

to to vato zone, theyre like 60 or so for an aftermarket one.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

02 sensor, leaking exhaust gasket, bad plug, wire, coil... Or loose intake manifold bolts.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

BTW, if you get the 02's from NAPA, you get a lifetime waranty.. Take them back every year if you want.

Quick Reply: Intermittent Misfire at Idle and Low RPM's/Partial Throttle... HELP!!!