Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Headers for Under 200

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008 | 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Definaetely are not. Look at the notches in the flanges. Welds look different entirely. They are copies. Different grade of steel as well.
I asked them what brand they were and they said XS, they must be the old ones, or like you said, copies
Old 02-16-2008 | 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

this is why i got out of automotive. people want a corvette for the price of a geo metro. anyways, good luck with the headers and i hope they work for your setup.
Old 02-16-2008 | 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Stainless LT's for under $250 shipped I just can't believe these are actually stainless steel for that cheap...they can't be right? I say at least try them out. Seems like the only downside is finding a y/x pipe to mate up to them but you can have an exhaust shop fix that for you for pretty cheap.
Old 02-16-2008 | 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would buy them if they dont have any problems. I would love to have headers on my car for that price, i wouldnt mind to go to a shop and have them fab up a Y, or just do true duals!

Who ever buys these and like them PM me i want to know everything about them and what they needed to do, and if there running true duals. thanks.

Last edited by pitbull14218; 02-16-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: adding more.
Old 02-16-2008 | 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you people NEED to start searching, this topic has been beaten to death, quite frankly im sick of seeing it
Old 02-16-2008 | 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by plaf713
you people NEED to start searching, this topic has been beaten to death, quite frankly im sick of seeing it
Ease up negative nancy
Old 02-16-2008 | 10:27 PM
Banned

They are not XS headers. We think that someone out there copied the design and are making a cheap knockoff of the XS headers. SSautochrome has not made the emission style headers for almost a year now. They are only 304 stainless they say. All of XS products are 321 stainless. And if you look at the drivers side header the collector is pointing even higher than the XS ones did. Just a cheap knockoff.
There has been a few people posting about these headers before on here and said they were going to buy them but they never posted back about how it turned out. Guess they didn't want to admit they got ripped off.
Just look at the sellers feedback. So far this month 21 neutral and 22 negative and the month is only half over.
Since I have been a sponsor on here I have sold over 100 of the XS headers here with only a hand full of problems. And you get excellent customer support with me. But if your feeling lucky then go ahead and buy them.
Old 02-16-2008 | 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black2002ws6
They are not XS headers. We think that someone out there copied the design and are making a cheap knockoff of the XS headers. SSautochrome has not made the emission style headers for almost a year now. They are only 304 stainless they say. All of XS products are 321 stainless. And if you look at the drivers side header the collector is pointing even higher than the XS ones did. Just a cheap knockoff.
There has been a few people posting about these headers before on here and said they were going to buy them but they never posted back about how it turned out. Guess they didn't want to admit they got ripped off.
Just look at the sellers feedback. So far this month 21 neutral and 22 negative and the month is only half over.
Since I have been a sponsor on here I have sold over 100 of the XS headers here with only a hand full of problems. And you get excellent customer support with me. But if your feeling lucky then go ahead and buy them.

exactly
Old 02-17-2008 | 12:36 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Dex
I gonna start making headers and sell them for $2000 not including the y-pipe. Going with you advise. God forbid some one makes a good product and doesnt make 800% off of it,
And by your logic, a guy with a great product is going to sell his product for several times less than others?

If a product was as good as it should be, they should charge what they're worth. That's economics. High quality materials and high quality manufacturing means more overhead. That translates into more overhead, so in order to get the same profit, you have to charge more money. You'd fail miserably as a businessman if you're going to sell a top notch product for no profit. Good luck with that.

"You get what you pay for" is commonly referred to because it's almost always right. If you want some POS $200 header, go for it. It'll be funny when you post back here a year from now with a post like "WTF why did I blow a hole through my primary?" or "my AIR fittings blew off after 4 months!" That's what you get with low quality steel.
Old 02-17-2008 | 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

You mean the same low-quality 304 steel material that QTP also uses for their headers and your QTP cutout Choco Taco?

These may be a good budget set of headers. You don't know if you have't purchased them. These also may be horrible, I don't know. The same kind of rants were going when the ebay headers came out. "Ooooo, 299 for a pair of stainless steel headers?? Give me a break. Those are going to be garbage." Yet these have been a popular seller with proven quality.
Old 02-17-2008 | 11:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
You mean the same low-quality 304 steel material that QTP also uses for their headers and your QTP cutout Choco Taco?

These may be a good budget set of headers. You don't know if you have't purchased them. These also may be horrible, I don't know. The same kind of rants were going when the ebay headers came out. "Ooooo, 299 for a pair of stainless steel headers?? Give me a break. Those are going to be garbage." Yet these have been a popular seller with proven quality.
alright guys I'm going to count to ten then ya'll turn around and draw your pistols and shoot
Old 02-17-2008 | 11:49 PM
Launching!

if you call spark plug wires laying on the headers good fitment then by all means these are great are a great fit, just remember you get what you pay for, cheap steel, poor research and development and poor customer service.
Old 02-18-2008 | 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

just get pacesetters.. the race style ones and a y are like $495 shipped..
Old 02-18-2008 | 12:48 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Where do you get this from? Just because something is made with the same grade of stainless steel doesn't mean it's equivalent in quality. All the Txxx specifies is additive content. It has nothing to do with impurities or the manufacturing process. Give me a well-made T304 any day over some cheap, Mexican-made T304 full of impurities and rushed to production.

Yea, it's T304 because it has the right percentage of Chromium. Too bad it was manufactured poorly? Too bad it's full of defects and riddled with quality control issues?

On paper specs won't make up for poor craftsmanship and impurities galore.

Show me documentation saying QTP and this ebay stuff gets their stainless steel from the exact same manufacturer in the exact same country.

Originally Posted by black2002ws6
Exactly.

Please, go buy the $199 headers. Once installed (if they even manage to bolt up properly), come back in here and post pictures of the install showing the clearance and everything. I'm anxious to see how the fitment is. Also, post back a year from that date and tell me if they're still holding together.

$200 headers with poor feedback on the seller...sounds like a winning combination to me, but I spent today in the Bizarro World

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 02-18-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-18-2008 | 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

when i do replace my slp LT's i am going to go with the pace setters and a true duahl exhaust set up..i cant afford kooks ...but i have to have some kind of ground clearance and pace setters will give me that...
Old 02-18-2008 | 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Well if I did go with the XS type header, I will probably go from the ebay ones. They are 440 and if you think about it, these are 230 shipped, and probably another 150 to 200 for a Ypipe. So it will be better to go with the XS.

Thanks,

Tim
Old 02-18-2008 | 10:40 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
when i do replace my slp LT's i am going to go with the pace setters and a true duahl exhaust set up..i cant afford kooks ...but i have to have some kind of ground clearance and pace setters will give me that...
Go with the XS over Pacesetters. It's stainless steel for $50 more. It should be a no-brainer. Pacesetters may have been the way to go for budget 2 years ago, but to this day, I can't understand why anyone would recommend them when stainless is being offered so cheap.
Old 02-18-2008 | 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by foreverzero
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...spagenameZWDVW

yeah these are definitly XS, look at the welds and the driver side collector. XS are known to bend up just a little right there.
Got them and Love them! They fit awesome, I lost NO GROUND CLEARANCE! Everyone was amazed by that. The fit was awesome, no grinding the block tab or K member. No banging, no modding just jack the car up and slid right in, as if they were the most expensive header that has millions into R & D. I love the morons who say just because they are cheap they will be useless... Well you spend your $800+ on kooks and Ill save the extra money and walk right around you at the 1320 mark.
Old 02-18-2008 | 11:45 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Pntbll309
Got them and Love them! They fit awesome, I lost NO GROUND CLEARANCE! Everyone was amazed by that. The fit was awesome, no grinding the block tab or K member. No banging, no modding just jack the car up and slid right in, as if they were the most expensive header that has millions into R & D. I love the morons who say just because they are cheap they will be useless... Well you spend your $800+ on kooks and Ill save the extra money and walk right around you at the 1320 mark.
They're not XS. They're very cheap knockoffs. Someone attempted to copy the design. Look at the collector. It's on a horrible angle. The picture alone shows they're junk.
Old 02-19-2008 | 12:42 AM
Launching!

attempted to put them on my friends car. after cutting the collector and having to reweld the passenger side header my experience says let them stay where they were made china. pieces of crap. god slp's blow these out of the water. and u can find a good used set for 200 bucks.