Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter LT owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 09:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pacesetter LT owners

I know that some of you guys have them, but rather than hijack the various GP threads offering these headers, does anyone have any pictures of these things? They certainly don't exist on Pacesetter's website and the one or two online retailers I can find that mention them have dead links to the pictures. Can someone post some pics?

Also, for those who have them installed, are there any ground clearance issues? (I am more interested in those who have elected to retain all emissions functionality). Any undercar pics?

The price on these things seem to be...well...incredible. I'd like to see some installations before making the decision to buy.

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Re: Pacesetter LT owners

Ditto.... I am concidering these myself.
FWIW, i spoke with a guy yesterday who's friend is running the Pacesetters & he says they look,sound,perform very well! I too would like to know of clearance issues, as my car is low!
Matt
Old 07-15-2003, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

With headers, you tend to get what you pay for. Real cheap headers usually means problems down the road. I'd just pay the extra few hundred bucks and go stainless and/or jet coated.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With headers, you tend to get what you pay for. Real cheap headers usually means problems down the road. I'd just pay the extra few hundred bucks and go stainless and/or jet coated.
This is the exception. You give up nothing ordering coated pacesetters...and save hundreds...

dc
Old 07-15-2003, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sorry...but I whole-heartedly disagree. For SOooooooo long LS1 owners have been getting ***-fuked by Header manufacturers, that we think that $800-1100 is a NORMAL price for headers. Because of this, some people think that anything priced below that must be substandard product. That is simply not the case.

Understand something...the highest quality, most expensive COATED 5.0 header on the market is around $350-400...the same is true for SBC Headers. Despite what many think...a quality header can be made for less than $700 and without leaving the buyer with a bleeding rectum...Pacesetter and Edelbrock are beginning to show this. Just my .02.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry...but I whole-heartedly disagree. For SOooooooo long LS1 owners have been getting ***-fuked by Header manufacturers, that we think that $800-1100 is a NORMAL price for headers. Because of this, some people think that anything priced below that must be substandard product. That is simply not the case.

Understand something...the highest quality, most expensive COATED 5.0 header on the market is around $350-400...the same is true for SBC Headers. Despite what many think...a quality header can be made for less than $700 and without leaving the buyer with a bleeding rectum...Pacesetter and Edelbrock are beginning to show this. Just my .02.
bravo...bravo well said!!
Old 07-15-2003, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I installed mine saturday, and all I have to say is DAMN!!!!! These have to be the absolute best bang for the buck mod I have ever done. It only took me 1 hour to install, (I have access to a lift, airtools, and welder.) It was a piece of cake. It's funny too, because all I ever hear about on this board, is how much of a pain in the *** it is to install headers...The only thing I had to do was remove the plugs, and steering linkage. I say they are one hell of a product, I didn't get mine coated either. The crappy paint that they put on them will burn off the first time you start the car, other than that, they can't be beat.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Well, I installed mine saturday, and all I have to say is DAMN!!!!! These have to be the absolute best bang for the buck mod I have ever done...
Any pics? Any ground clearance issues?
Old 07-15-2003, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

dyno numbers?
Old 07-15-2003, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sorry...but I whole-heartedly disagree. .......Pacesetter and Edelbrock are beginning to show this. Just my .02.
Okee-dokee.
Let me know when you're ready to sell your FLP's for the new and improved Pacesetters.
And don't forget to get the yellow Monza resonators too!

Old 07-15-2003, 09:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We hope to get the Pacesetter headers in stock just any day & I will post a ton of pics

Jason
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 07-15-2003, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

We hope to get the Pacesetter headers in stock just any day & I will post a ton of pics

Jason
Pics of installs would be useful!
Old 07-16-2003, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sorry...but I whole-heartedly disagree. .......Pacesetter and Edelbrock are beginning to show this. Just my .02.
Okee-dokee.
Let me know when you're ready to sell your FLP's for the new and improved Pacesetters.
And don't forget to get the yellow Monza resonators too!

I had FLP's on the SS until last Feb. I took them off so that I could have them re-coated (coating was almost completely gone after 1 year and 4k miles). When I got them back from getting re-coated I just decided to sell them. I have Jet-Hots now. You know the weird thing...the quality is practically identical...and the Jet hots were <gasp> $550 less. Unlike a lot of people, I base my opinions on first hand experience...not what I read on the board.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

No pics, but I don't have any clearance issues. Really these things are cake to install. Will have dyno numbers Saturday after the tune at MTI.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some pics of a coated set of Pacesetters:

http://community.webshots.com/album/73900748qeIWxf

Mike