Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Cold Air Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Cold Air Package

Anybody have it or have had it?

Is it worth it... or should I look elsewhere for better gains/power?

It's about $280... which is not bad if the claims of about 25hp are true. Plus I know that everyone says this is the first mod you should get because it will wake up your engine a lot.

After the induction is done... I would probably move into Headers/mild Cam/Tune in the summer.

All I have now is exhaust...

is SLP a good choice or what other products are good out there for intakes?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

I would say just get a lid since you already have the ram air package.And the other stuff is alright but not a must, do the fenco mod instead of the smooth below cheaper and it does the same thing.Then you don't need the air pan because you have the hood bringing it in.Thats what I would do if I were you.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

get a lid and k&n, the smooth bellows is pure appearance, and you have the hood already, the stock accordian bellow is perfectly fine
Old 02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont get it...for a lot less you can get a FTRA(fast toys ram air), lid (any works great), fernco smooth bellows (if you HAVE to have one), and do a seach on the K&N vs. Paper threads....you just might not want a K&N afterwards... you'll get a little more power with this, for a lot less than the SLP package