Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one buy the cheap stainless header off ebay?

Old 02-22-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any one buy the cheap stainless header off ebay?

I was wondering if any one had bought the 194.99 stainless headers off of ebay that does not come with the y pipe? What y pipe will work with them?
I am pretty sure they ar the same as the xs headers but not positive. They do have the egr and air hook up. I was also wondering if any of you guys are from Houston Tx and could pass emissions with out the egr and air? And will these cars pass the sniffer test wit out the cats?
Heres a link to the headers I am talking about http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...em370024867868
Old 02-22-2008, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

those headers are junk man you mid as well buy flowtech you pay for what you get and no you will not pass without cats i am in dallas and my car wont pass with out the cats ether
Old 03-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

I just got mine and they are bad ***
Old 03-04-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't buy these even if I was drunk. What brand are these anyways? No wait, I found it, 100% Brand New In Stock. Just get pacesetter headers if you don't want to spend a lot of money.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow those look pretty nice . some flowtechs are a little bit more and proven but who knows maybe those are good as well . only one way to find out unless someone else has bought them and would like to post up .
Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the XS headers and to the guy who said they are junk probably over paid on a set of coated headers instead of getting stainless steel the first time around. i have had mine on my car for almost 2yrs and havent had a single issue. even the install was easy. i cut off the AIR and EGR and had the opening welded up...

also, im in dallas and i passed inspection last august (going to the local corner service station) with LT's/ORY and SLP LM cat-back, heads, cam...

quit crying...

Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, so much bad information in this thread already.

First off, with those headers you get what you pay for. They are a cheap knockoff, nothing else.

Secondly, those are not the XS headers. XS headers are no longer sold on ebay (check this thread - https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...741&highlight=)

If you have to pass a sniffer test you will not pass with no cats. That doesn't however mean that you can't find an inspection place that will pass you

Ultimately it's up to you whether you want to get those or not but I can tell you the majority of the people on here would not spend a dime on those.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, here in dallas county, if you have a 2000 or newer car you dont have to sniffer test. they plug into the OBDII port and if nothing is thrown youre good to go. they didnt even do a visual. i paid my $39.50 and was out the door in 15 minutes...
Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tylerdj
Wow, so much bad information in this thread already.

First off, with those headers you get what you pay for. They are a cheap knockoff, nothing else.

Secondly, those are not the XS headers. XS headers are no longer sold on ebay (check this thread - https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...741&highlight=)

If you have to pass a sniffer test you will not pass with no cats. That doesn't however mean that you can't find an inspection place that will pass you

Ultimately it's up to you whether you want to get those or not but I can tell you the majority of the people on here would not spend a dime on those.

why are you adding to the bad info???? i just bought XS headers off ebay 5 days ago and they ARE xs headers....... you cant doubt me if you want but the huge sticker on the box that says XS cant be avoided....
Old 03-04-2008, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

its a bunch of pipes welded together...... jeez everyone relax plus i bet you pay less dollars per HP than any other long tube setup....
Old 03-04-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dskeet6
why are you adding to the bad info???? i just bought XS headers off ebay 5 days ago and they ARE xs headers....... you cant doubt me if you want but the huge sticker on the box that says XS cant be avoided....
Look at the link I provided...the LS1tech sponsor for XS headers said that they are no longer selling their headers on ebay due to someone who copied them and is selling them on there. That obviously does not mean there will never be XS headers on there but the ones he posted are clearly not.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

Look at the link I provided...the LS1tech sponsor for XS headers said that they are no longer selling their headers on ebay due to someone who copied them and is selling them on there. That obviously does not mean there will never be XS headers on there but the ones he posted are clearly not.
he is a seller of the headers.... what makes you think other sellers cant buy them off the manufacturer??

I BOUGHT HEADERS OFF EBAY..... and the box CLEARLY SAYS XS HEADERS on it.... and purchased them well after that post about them not being on ebay...... so stop telling people they arent on there.... just checked again and they are STILL on there
Old 03-12-2008, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

That obviously does not mean there will never be XS headers on there but the ones he posted are clearly not.
The manufacturer of the headers said "our headers will no longer be sold on ebay by us". Now obviously that does not mean you can not find the LPP (formerly XS) headers on there, but they will not be sold, BY THE MANUFACTURER ON EBAY.

These are not my words so stop arguing with me. It is clearly written out in that thread by the people that manufacture the header.

Here it is again:

Originally Posted by black2002ws6
For starters XS headers are no longer sold on ebay. We are the only ones selling them now. So all the ads on ebay are not XS headers.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

The manufacturer of the headers said "our headers will no longer be sold on ebay by us". Now obviously that does not mean you can not find the LPP (formerly XS) headers on there, but they will not be sold, BY THE MANUFACTURER ON EBAY.

These are not my words so stop arguing with me. It is clearly written out in that thread by the people that manufacture the header.

Here it is again:
Yes and you are misinformed. You can not buy the LLP headers on Ebay but the older version of the XS headers that he sold, you can. And yes these are XS headers, they are made by SSAutochrome, the same company that makes the headers the sponsor sells. He even admitted that they were selling the same header. It is also clearly written out that he does not manufacture these headers, he designs them and they make them for him.... So please read the threads details before you call them out...

A side note, I love how people say these are garbage when they have never seen them. Dont use that "you get what you pay for" bullshit unless you have used these headers or have installed them. I love how most people on here speak of a product that they have never seen, but have just read about.

Ive got the Ebay/XS/SSAutochrome headers and they are amazing. For the price, they make Pacesetter look like garbage. To me having have delt with both sets, I can say that. I would much rather purchase the Stainless header and stainless y then spend the same amount on a Coated P/S with NO y... The coating WILL come off after time and then they WILL Rust. Stainless WILL NOT EVER RUST.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=831741&page=9

post 174....Enough said about that.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
i have the XS headers and to the guy who said they are junk probably over paid on a set of coated headers instead of getting stainless steel the first time around. i have had mine on my car for almost 2yrs and havent had a single issue. even the install was easy. i cut off the AIR and EGR and had the opening welded up...

also, im in dallas and i passed inspection last august (going to the local corner service station) with LT's/ORY and SLP LM cat-back, heads, cam...

quit crying...
Whoa now, easy there, partner. This ARE NOT XS headers. These are completely different. They're longtubes for $195. If you would have read the original post instead of coming in here guns blazing looking to pick a fight, you would have noticed that.

I wouldn't buy those headers if they came with a free Korean mail-order bride. Or maybe I'd use the bride for a night, then return them both
Old 03-12-2008, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why the hate on XS's? They are nice headers
Old 03-12-2008, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by streetassasin
why the hate on XS's? They are nice headers
Because most people are fugging dumb.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I apologize for saying they were the manufacturer..that was faulty information on my part. Now, i was not bashing the XS/LPP headers....in fact I am a fan of these headers and have several friends who have them. I was trying to say, the sponsor who sells them on tech said he will not sell them on ebay....now whether or not ssautochrome sells them on there I have no idea.

But there is someone (not XS or SSautochrome) that sells stainless ls1 headers that copied the XS/LPP design...like he says in that thread. Those are the headers I was referring to stay away from because there have been several issues with them and from the link the OP provided it appears thats what those are.

Last edited by tylerdj; 03-12-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

I apologize for saying they were the manufacturer..that was faulty information on my part. Now, i was not bashing the XS/LPP headers....in fact I am a fan of these headers and have several friends who have them. I was trying to say, the sponsor who sells them on tech said he will not sell them on ebay....now whether or not ssautochrome sells them on there I have no idea.

But there is someone (not XS or SSautochrome) that sells stainless ls1 headers that copied the XS/LPP design...like he says in that thread. Those are the headers I was referring to stay away from because there have been several issues with them and from the link the OP provided it appears thats what those are.
The LPP arent even out yet...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any one buy the cheap stainless header off ebay?