Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How big of exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How big of exhaust?

I have been debating on getting a true dual set-up but I think ground clearance will be an issue if I use 3 inch pipes(being that I live in northeast Ohio). I currently have 1 3/4 " Grottyohann long tubes with 3 inch collectors. The coating is peeling so I have to have them blasted and checked to see if they're ok and not rusted. If they're ok to go then I will just have them re-coated; if not, then I may get either Kooks or American Racing headers(I say AR because I haven't decided if I am going duals or not). My SS has an ARE stage 2 head/cam and puts down over 420rwhp(combo is about 4-5 yrs old). If I get new headers will I benefit from stepping up to 1 7/8 tubes or should I stay with the 1 3/4. I am running stock cubic inches and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. If I choose to go the true dual route...can I use 2.5 inch pipe and not lose anything, as opposed to 3 inch pipe. I read the true dual sticky but I would like some advice from owners, you know I am also debating about going true dual all the way back, over the axle(that is another reason for 2.5 inch)
Old 02-23-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone has to have some thoughts