Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need header help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need header help!

I have a '02 WS6 with lid and LM exhaust. I really want LT's, but after reading tons of posts, i have realized that most of the guys that get big hp gains either have heads and cam, or access to autotap or some other dyno testing calibration. I dont have plans for h/c, and have no access to any kind of tuning tool, so i really dont wanna gamble with $1200, so my question is this: i've read that shorties will net between 0-5 hp, and arent worth the money, however they are 1 5/8 unequal length. BBK has a new set of 1 3/4 equal length shorties, and combined with new y-pipe (which is already on its way) would they be better than than say JBA's or Hooker shorties? thanks
Old 07-17-2003, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: need header help!

since your car is an '02, you have pretty good exhaust flowing manifolds. I still think that shorties are not worth it. I think you would be better off with the MAC mid's if you dont want to spend the $$$ for LT's. Id say you could pick up 15-20rwhp with stock internals

hope that helps

TTT
Old 07-17-2003, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

I agree. If nothing else, go with the MACs or Bassani mid-lengths.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the help, i was just curious since the new shorties had bigger primaries than the JBA or Hooker shorties. i know it makes a difference for the LT's, but wasn't too sure about the shorties.