Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Lid Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TSP Lid Problems

I have a tsp lid and it fit perfectly. Just had a bit of bad luck I guess but likr trevor said they will take good care of you.

By the way ss1le02, I have a SSRA and I LOVE IT! It is the best after market CAI IMO and it came highly recomended to me by just about everyone. In fact I was considering a FTRA and at least five people posted that SSRA was superior.

Kudos to SSRA and TSP
Old 07-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Restricted User

Adam (TA WS6), hind sight being 20/20, I think the lesson learned here should be next time, contact the vendor, giving them the chance and respect to take care of you. Then when youpost tryign to get your answers, you can say Hey I gotta lid from XXXXX and it split during intial install, after removal I notice the welds looks like junk and was pissed off, but after talking to XXXXX they are shipping me out a new one and are taking care of me.

See Good Customer Service we demand, but Good Consumer Service we deny all too often.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:38 PM
Teching In

my tsp lid fit perfictley could not of asked for a better lid and good quality.

the guy's at tsp will take care of you
Old 07-18-2003, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

My e-mail has been down for two days, so this post was just brought to my attention. We ALWAYS take care of our customers. All you have to do is give us a call, and we will be more than happy to take care of this for you. We ship out a LOT of lids each week, and we are the only vendor out there that test-fits the aftermarket lids to my knowledge. Once in a blue moon we have a lid that has problems, like yours. I am the first to admit that we're not perfect, but I can guarantee that we will take care of our customers. All you have to do is call or e-mail us, and we will get it taken care of. We will issue a call tag for your current lid and get another one out to you ASAP. You can e-mail me with your phone number if you prefer, and I will give you a call. Whatever is easiest for you will work for us.

ss1le02 - We are constantly revising our product to make it better than it already is. If this was a common problem, then we would not send anymore out the door until it was fixed. This is why the black and carbon fiber 85mm lids have been on back-order for so long. We won't send them out if they do not meet our standards. We have sent back well over 100 lids to the manufacturer because they did not meet our quality control checks. Our ratio of good vs. bad lids is very high, so I think telling people to think twice before buying our product is a bit of a stretch. Again, we're the only company that I know of that test-fits EVERY induction lid before shipping it out. It doesn't take a large pile of negative posts to make us want to change our product. We are constantly revising to make it better because we have customer satisfaction in mind. We don’t wait to receive a ton of negative posts before starting updates or revisions. Maybe you should give one of our lids a try before speaking so poorly about it. If this is something you would like to discuss more, then I encourage you to give me a call at the shop. The number is in my sig.

Thanks!

Trevor
Trevor, didn't mean to dis TSP. The TSP is a great lid and people are very happy with them . I have a friend who had a concern with his. No big deal. He like his a lot.
I however, stand by my assertion that posts such as these can have a positive effect on products. It made my SSRA a much better product. I wish I would of had all these defenders you do when someone posted negatively about the SSRA. No one then tried to contact me with their concerns. In fact he blasted me with pictures. Constructive criticism helps.
Keep up the great work.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Launching!

It nice to see that motorheads are tactful and professional.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

no one is perfect and mistakes happen.its how its handled that matters most.

looks like it was handled properly in this case.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My 2 cents,

I just got my 75mm TSP lid & compared it to the Direct-Flo lid that I removed..

Quality & filter to lid fitment is excellent with both lids...
The 'neck' area before the MAF on the TSP lid , is a slighly larger diameter, & will be less restrictive...

Placing both lids 'neck' to 'neck' on a flat surface shows the Direct-Flo lid angling down into the TSP lid by 1/8"...
This is the only negative point that I see with the TSP, as it needs to angle downward more at the end of the 'neck' to mate better with the TB.
The 'flex' piece between the TB/MAF will have to 'deform' a little to correct this angle. Has anyone else noticed this ? Or could this be a production issue ?

I've got a PACE 85mm MAF & I'm using a rubber sleeve to connect it to the lid. And I'm using a K&N, thick 'smooth', rubber sleeve from there 'FIPK' kit, connecting the TB/MAF. I can adjust for this 1/8" angle error with the rubber sleeve from MAF to lid. Testing shows this not to be a problem, as a have a poly engine mount on the drivers side , & my engine doesn't move. Just a 'heads-up' as it my be an issue with someone else.

SOTP is a-ok, & feels better then the Direct-Flo lid, but the track will be the real test...

Dave