Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI clear lid + WS6 lower induction

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MTI clear lid + WS6 lower induction

I recieved my MTI Lid from Speed Inc. and my WS6 lower induction from GM Parts Direct today. while I was droolin all over the lid I went to snap it to get ther to see how it would look. The round opening going to the throttle body hits the back of the induction piece making it unable to put the tabs in with out forcing them in, possibly breaking them. Not only that but the clamp they sent barely fits around the round port. Dont see how you can put that clamp on with the hose as well... had the clamp on the very last tooth and it barely went around just the plastic.

Has anyone else had this problem with the MTI clear lid? I could cut the back of the induction piece in which I think it will have no affect on how the air comes in and out but I'd really hate to cut a $100 part. gettin a bigger clamp should be no hassle either.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah its kinda common with almost all the lids. The best fix is to remove a square portion of the plastic that sits under the maf and the lid opening. This makes it fit perfect every time. The reason for this is the opening is so much bigger it hits the plastic under it.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Had the same problem with my clear lid. All I did was sand down the piece of the lower airbox were the neck was hitting. I have had no cracking or any problems like that ever sense.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Yeah I had the same problem with my clear mti, I just forced the tabs in, they are stronger than you think. It had some pretty big gaps in it as well, a few centimeters on each side where it didn't fit.