Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to get hooker headers!!!! A little help

Old 07-19-2003, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get hooker headers!!!! A little help

I have a Borla Cat back and a Slp Y Pipe. If I get Hooker Lt headers, do I need to change out the SLP Y pipe with the Hooker Y pipe. Will there be any fitment issues, if I kept the SLP y-pipe and added Hooker Lt's. Last question is, would High flow cats be a good choice when installing the Hookers. Looking at getting the Random high flow cats. Will o2 sims be required (that was the last question). Please give me some info on the best way to go. Looking to go to Summit Racing Tomorrow to pick up, Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2003, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Default Re: Looking to get hooker headers!!!! A little help

I had the same SLP Y pipe with my stock manifold and not it will not fit with the Hookers. With the Hookers you want a pair of 3 inch highflow cats like Random Tech or Carsound.

If you get Hookers be sure and carefully check them over. My set had to have a 1/4 inch gap welded up that Hooker missed. The primaries had slag in them that had to ground out. The O2 bung was misaligned and had to be drilled out and retapped. The flanges weren't flat and had to be filed flat. The collectors didn't line up correctly with the the Mufflex Y pipe. Mufflex claims often Hooker can't get the collectors consistant. Based on the other problems with my Hookers I belive Mufflex.

With that said once the problems were worked out the, Hookers are a good design and work very well. Just besure to check for problems before starting the install. Other heads have many of the same issues.

O2 will be needed and the car may run rich so tuning isn't a bad idea either.

Might want to use the search function theres lot's on the board about these headers.

Coating is a good idea too.

Good Luck
Old 07-20-2003, 12:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking to get hooker headers!!!! A little help

Thanks so Much

Search this Thread