Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm only getting half throttle! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I'm only getting half throttle! Please Help!

this past weekend i took the car out (01 SS) and it felt terribly underpowered compared to normal. i got back to the house, and in neutral, i pressed the gas to the floor (which was somewhat difficult) and i could not even get the car to rev past 4500 RPMs. so i got under the hood, and accelerated the motor via the throttle body. full power. no problem. then i decided to turn the cruise control module. and again i only got about half throttle.

no new mods. i haven't messed with anything under the hood.

PLEASE HELP! i would like to be able to actually drive my car again soon. Thanks
Old 03-06-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Have someone floor the car with it off and see where the TB is opening to. Since it works fine when you manually crack the throttle, I'd imagine something is getting lost in translation.

-J
Old 03-06-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check your throttle cable for slack/tension and also maybe check under the pedal make sure nothing is under there LOL, my buddy did that had a coke bottle lid under his pedal and he thought his car was dieing cause it only had 3/4 power lol
Old 03-06-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright, i'll do that. i was only getting maybe 2/3 throttle. which is quite dissappointing. lol. that's tomorrow's project. well that and mounting the new TTM's !!!!