Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a Beast

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a Beast

The operation was a success! I hooked up The Proven Performance Headers, TCI 3000 verter, transgo shift kit, cooler, wires, plugs this weekend. And all I can say is damn! It feels like I have a totally new car. When I finished all the mods I fired it up on the jackstands and checked for leaks, etc. All good-no SES. Computer re-learned. Got it off the stands, took it out for a spin, got gas. I took it easy (and will for about the first 150 miles as I have heard it is a good idea with the new verter and all?). Any ways on the trip back from the gas station with about 10 miles total from the install I got an ses light. I need to head up to autozone to get codes. Any ideas? I think it might be the relocation of the o2 sensors. The PPC system runs full emissions with RT Metallic cats. All in all this rocks.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What a Beast

Update, went to autozone got P0137, P0155. Azone reset, came back after 25 miles. After reading the helms manuals and considering I was not having this problem before I think it is an exhaust leak. Ok I am a moron. I am just so enamored with the big *** LT make women and children cry sound-just don't like the SES staring at me. My whole system is clamped together. I didn't think that any compound, goo, etc would be necessary with the joints as all the pieces fit so perfectly. Anybody have any suggestions for Goo, sealing compound etc-short of welding the whole system-that is O2 safe? TIA
Old 07-20-2003, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: What a Beast

Your codes are from your o2 sensors. Make sure you have them all pluged up right and they have not burned in two. The two you need to look at are....p0137 o2 sensor low voltage(post-converter, left bank), and p0155 o2 sensor (pre-converter, right bank). Good luck