Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought an 2004 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an 2004 corvette

I just purchased a bone stock 2004 corvette. I was wanting to know where I should start the mods. Mainly just bolt on stuff cold air, headers, exhaust, throttle body etc. I was wanting to know if I should get the FIPK kit for it or the Ram Air kit? Also does it have an ls1 or an ls6 intake on it. Also should I get get a EFI tune on it or wait until I get some more mods where it requires a tune or should I go ahead and get a handheld tuner? Any info would be greatly appericiated. Thank You
Old 03-08-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

start off with the usuals... intake/exhaust...

i recommend the vararam intake

http://www.vararam.com/b2.html
Old 03-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Teching In

I'd do Bolt on's for now. Full Exhaust, Vararam Intake, etc. If you've got the money for it I definately recommend a Dyno tune to get the most of your mods.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wanting_ back_a_ss
I just purchased a bone stock 2004 corvette. I was wanting to know where I should start the mods. Mainly just bolt on stuff cold air, headers, exhaust, throttle body etc. I was wanting to know if I should get the FIPK kit for it or the Ram Air kit? Also does it have an ls1 or an ls6 intake on it. Also should I get get a EFI tune on it or wait until I get some more mods where it requires a tune or should I go ahead and get a handheld tuner? Any info would be greatly appericiated. Thank You
It has an LS6 intake, an LS2 water pump, and the fuel filter is in the gas tank.
Open the intake with an aftermarket of your choice, get a cat back, and then if you're still modding put on the headers and get a tune at that point.