Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP flow pack

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP flow pack

What kind of power would you expect to see if I got the SLP flow pack kit which includes lid, filter, bellow, and cold air induction kit over just a lid? I'm looking for every extra pony I can squeeze out of bolt on's.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made the mistake of buying the flo pac before i knew about ls1tech. If i could do it all over again i would not buy the flo pac. I would buy the lid only and get a Fast toys ram air induction kit.

The bellow, filter and MAF don't do anything. And slp cai isn't as good as the FTRA.

BUt if you really want the flo pac than i think you will gain like 7hp from that stuf.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Launching!

.2 better in 1/4 and 2mph.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

This is what i plan on going with, as soon as i get all the money to get the part's together....

- SLP Lid
- FTRA Kit
- SLP Bellow
- SLP MAF or possibly an RKSport No Restriction MAF (cost's a grip for a MAF though)

Just a thought man, im going for the whole thing.

Also, a MAF does help. Idk what the guy saying it doesnt do anything, is talking about. I changed my MAF out a few month's back, due to the original going str8 to ****. I noticed a significant improvement once the new one was installed. The car actually performed alot better then before. So a new MAF isnt a bad thing& does help, but you can still use the stock one....
Old 03-09-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Badguy7
This is what i plan on going with, as soon as i get all the money to get the part's together....

- SLP Lid
- FTRA Kit
- SLP Bellow
- SLP MAF or possibly an RKSport No Restriction MAF (cost's a grip for a MAF though)

Also, a MAF does help. Idk what the guy saying it doesnt do anything, is talking about. I changed my MAF out a few month's back, due to the original going str8 to ****. I noticed a significant improvement once the new one was installed. The car actually performed alot better then before. So a new MAF isnt a bad thing& does help, but you can still use the stock one....
Stock MAF's are good for up 500 HP...
Old 03-09-2008, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

i did the slp cai kit...i noticed quite a difference! it wasnt a huge difference but definitely made some improvement!!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
Stock MAF's are good for up 500 HP...
Yea, ive heard that. My new 1 seem's to be going to **** now too, which is why im going to go ahead and upgrade to a SLP or possibly the RKSport 1.

Im not saying you have to change your's, but i know for a fact. A new MAF does help in performance.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Launching!

can't you get maf that are calibrated for cold air/ram air cars? how much do they through your a/f off? some people have ses light come on after installation.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Veteran

- SLP Lid
- FTRA Kit
- SLP Bellow

What i'm saying is i put those mods on my car and i didn't really feel anything. I'm sure it picked up a few Hp but not enough to feel. I think a MAF is a lot of money to spend on something that doesn't give any real gains over the stocker
Old 03-09-2008, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
What i'm saying is i put those mods on my car and i didn't really feel anything. I'm sure it picked up a few Hp but not enough to feel. I think a MAF is a lot of money to spend on something that doesn't give any real gains over the stocker
I agree.....

I'm saving for boltons and heres my list...

SLP Lid
FTRA
U/D Pulley
LS6 intake
Hooker 1 3/4 CC LTs
Hooker O/R Y
Hooker Catback with Corsa Clones

Just buy the first two on my list, from what I've read you'll have better results
Old 03-09-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would get the fast toys 85mm lid with the slp 85 mm maf
Old 03-10-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
I agree.....

I'm saving for boltons and heres my list...

SLP Lid
FTRA
U/D Pulley
LS6 intake
Hooker 1 3/4 CC LTs
Hooker O/R Y
Hooker Catback with Corsa Clones

Just buy the first two on my list, from what I've read you'll have better results
If i could do it again i would of bought the slp lid with the ftra just like you did. Your mod list looks pretty good. Don't forget you get you TB ported if you dont have it already.
I really felt the gains when i had my tb ported.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Oh well i felt an improvement, but then again. I dont have any of the Intake mod's as you guy's do. So who know's, maybe with them mod's. You do not feel a difference but im just saying from experience. My car seemed to perform better with the new MAF then it did before the original MAF went out.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

If i could do it again i would of bought the slp lid with the ftra just like you did. Your mod list looks pretty good. Don't forget you get you TB ported if you dont have it already.
I really felt the gains when i had my tb ported.
I'm saving up for these mods lol. Times have been tough
Old 03-11-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Oh well i felt an improvement, but then again. I dont have any of the Intake mod's as you guy's do. So who know's, maybe with them mod's. You do not feel a difference but im just saying from experience. My car seemed to perform better with the new MAF then it did before the original MAF went out.
Its all good man, I know each car responds different to each mod. I just kind of feel like i made a rookie mistake and wasted some hard earned cash.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm saving up for these mods lol. Times have been tough

I know what you mean. All of my mods cost over 1k now. There are no more little things for me to do
Old 03-11-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

i just did the slp lid and a k&n air filter, as far as a maf i have heard u can get the stock one tuned to work just as good, so had mine tuned and it gave my car better throttle response and over all better performance
Old 03-11-2008, 12:28 AM
11 Second Club

Where do you get a ported throttle body?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

i dont know where you can buy a ported throttle body im just going to take mine to a friend and let him port mine for me
Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Where do you get a ported throttle body?
You can send it to a sponsor or find someone locally that ports them. Or you can do it yourself if you have the tools and it would be almost free.

I had new era performance port mind along time ago. It was like $80

Quick Reply: SLP flow pack