Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaned up engine bay a little with AC delete panel

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same to mine.. but, I still can use my heat though.

You are going to be glad you did when you start putting everything back together.. Changing your passenger side plugs are a breeze.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, I have removed my a/c cuz I never use it but I cant freeze in the winter. I still have the black box on the firewall. What all needs to be done to remove it so I can put a cover on the firewall like that but keep the heat?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full-Force
Ok, I have removed my a/c cuz I never use it but I cant freeze in the winter. I still have the black box on the firewall. What all needs to be done to remove it so I can put a cover on the firewall like that but keep the heat?
Start tearing that black cover off... Youll see the other part of the AC in side, it just pulls right out. Then, just clean it up and cover the hole. Of coarse, you are going to have to cut out the place where the hard lines come out of the firewall in your new cover. When you do that, just put some screws like shown and seal it up so the heat blows in the car and not out the firewall (thats a mistake I made).

you do have a little vacum hose that is in the upper left of the "black box". Keep that and re-attach it as thats what controls the vacum to control where the air is blowin.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the best way to rip out the heater core, blower motor and air bag? I dont care to save it and I already took a spud bar to the AC side of it. Do I have to remove the glove box first?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Drumer919
Whats the best way to rip out the heater core, blower motor and air bag? I dont care to save it and I already took a spud bar to the AC side of it. Do I have to remove the glove box first?
It's an utter pain in the ***.... The correct way to do it, which I will be finishing very soon when I have the car back in my own garage is to remove the entire dash and I mean the ENTIRE dash. As well as the front seats, steering wheel and center console. Then you pull it out through the interior and out the passenger side door. The air bag is cake to remove while you're in there and the blower motor comes out with the box, it's all one unit.

I will probably end up posting pics when I decided to pull the interior here in a few weeks or so. Good luck if you decide to go with it.

By the way, FWIW I've read that the majority of people who attempt this would rather do H/C install or even pull the motor than pull the dash if presented with the option again.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Launching!

There's no way I'm pulling the dash, actually other than front seats the dash is the only other thing in my car, and I dont feel like ******* with it, I'm just gonna to try to break it out one of these days.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Just a question for all of you who drive your car, and already took out the heater core, and fan... What do you do when it's a humid/rainy day, and you have no way to keep the inside of the windshield from fogging over? I know it's more of a rhetorical question, but is that not an issue, or did you not think of it? I ask b/c I did the same in my one car, but I planned for that to be a race-only car.

Quick Reply: Cleaned up engine bay a little with AC delete panel