Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idea for true duals

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default idea for true duals

i was just under my car and i noticed that there is a indention on each side of the driveshaft one of which houses the fuel filter. i relized that the beck seat was above the indention and that was the reason for the shape of it. i think that if someone wanted to bad enough they could take the back seat out and pull the carpet up and saw the idention somewhere else so that they could put mufflers there kinda like on a mustangs exhaust. you would have to put a flat piece of aluminum or something to replace the floor in those spots and relocate the fuel filter and fuel lines as well as redo the carpet and backseat( unless you don't want it anymore then you could build a speaker box to fit there. anyways i was thinkin that this would be a way to get some real mufflers on a true dual set-up.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: idea for true duals

Uhhh it is easier to dent that part up using a block of wood, a BFH and maybe a lift and tri-pod. Seen it this way a few times, fits flowmasters up there no problem. I thought about it, but I have clearnace with TD setup so no need.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:40 PM
TECH Veteran

thats an idea.....but then again.....bullets just fit so nice why would you want anything else
Old 07-24-2003, 12:04 AM
CKZ
TECH Apprentice

It has been done before...It's an excellent way to get full-size mufflers (flowmasters, etc.) under an F-body and retain full ground clearance.
Also, the person i'm referring to notched the underside of his ENTIRE car including the trans brace in order to do the job right.

Pretty cool
Old 07-24-2003, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

i've thought about this a little while back, and seen it done on a 3dr gen t/a. pretty cool idea, just need a good muffler shop to get after it.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flowmasters fit under there as long as its not lowered,but man im tellin ya its loud Dont know why i bought a new stereo because the only song im hearin is LS1 Baby!