Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Loudmouth, worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS100CAMSS
True duals dumped before the axle. Nothing sounds better.
Nothing drones worse either. That setup is godafwul loud inside the car, a lot more so than true duals run out the back with the same mufflers.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from flowmaster to LM1, I have LT with a catted y-pipe, I like the way it sounds when the motors under a load, but just free revving it sounds pretty rough. Overall I like it, I dont really care for the way the magnaflow sounds, but its your car, check out http://www.ls1sounds.com/ and see what you like.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Banned

With LT's, I would get the LMII..it is a little bit more controlled, and will not be as raspy as the LMI.

We have these on sale here-

http://marylandspeed.com/ls1-fbody-1...t-c-49_73.html
Old 03-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Launching!

I have LM2 from Maryland Speed(big thumbs up... shipping was very fast and they had the cheapest price + shipping of anywhere) with LTs and cats. It sounds great... at times I wish it had a little less drone(like when I'm in the car with my dad or girlfriend talking) but when I'm by myself, the music gets rid of the drone.

BTW, the drone is maybe 20% more than flowmaster if that gives you any indication. And when you see some little ricer **** **** his pants when you drive by, it just feels all warm and gooey inside
Old 03-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

i would say to go onto ls1sounds.com because they seem to have every type of exhuaust with alsmost every setup..find one you like.. buy it and bolt it in..i prefer gmmg sound
Old 03-28-2008, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
LM1 with ORY and LTs will be extremely loud, and have will have a good bit of droning while cruising. If your on a budget the magnaflows will sound pretty good, or if you want to spend the money Corsa.
-Joel
Tell me about it!!! I have LT's and LM1 and its really loud......and CHP gets hella but hurt but o well........i got mine for cheap just had the exhaust guy use his piping and i just bought the resonator it was a total of 300. But i would def go Magnaflow ...i have hurd a TA with one and it sounded beautiful!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hooker!!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

LM1 sounds good, if you dont like it you can swap out the bullet resonator for a bullet muffler and sell the resonator. the new LM1/2 (unlike the original LM1) has it set up so you can unclamp the resonator or muffler and swap it out with very little trouble. you can order the slp bullet from them by itself.

I vote LM1, I have had it on two cars (98 Camaro SS with stock manifolds and 01 ws6 with LT's) Go for it!!! you can hear it on the link in my sig.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ealucero1
I have a 2000 SS with a flowmaster catback. I just installed the pacesetter LT's and O/R Y-PIPE. Although there are noticable gains, the flow doesn't seem to be optimal with the flowmaster. It sounds great at idle but when driving, it sounds like ****. Is there anyone that has had the flowmaster and switched up to something else that made a night and day difference? I'm open to any exhaust suggestions, especially if you had the flowmaster system before. Thanks
the loudmouth 2 is great alternative to the 1....makes the same power while not being as loud and having a more crisp sound

the hooker catback is also a nice peice as well
Old 10-26-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

I never had my LM2 with Longtubes or ORY but i loved the way it sounded. I did however get new cat's installed & had a custom 3 inch y pipe made. When he did the exhaust, all for $175. I just bought the muffler, new i would save money over buyin the entire system from slp. I used to have a Flowmaster Catback before it. I easily noticed a power difference, but the custom y helped im sure. It sounded awhole lot better and deeper tone.

It all comes down to just how loud you want your exhaust to be. I plan on running the LM2 once again when i getta new car.