Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

I'm trying to decide whether i should get my TXS true duals extended out to the rear and get high flow cats installed. I know it's probably fairly easy to get an inspection sticker in Texas especially but i just have a hunch when i get pulled over that i'll get an additional charge for no EGR/Cats, and an illegal dump. So, i suppose my question is

If i bought SLP high flow cats, can the exhaust shop just cut the portion of pipes pre X and weld them on with them functioning properly?

Would it even be worth it?

If i got my exhaust bolted on under the axle, would i have any clearance issues when going over a rough bump?

Are there any "Fake Cats" that just look like cats and would be equally convincing to many and cheaper? (Note: i don't think any shops in texas run an actual emission tester on the exhaust pipes to check levels)
Old 04-23-2008, 05:46 AM
TECH Addict

What cop looks if you have cats on your car?
Old 04-23-2008, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I had hi-flow cats installed on my TSP true duals when I had my 99 z28. I didn't like how it affected the sound (got rid of some of the deep sound of the duals) so I'm not doing it again. You can get the gutted cats welded in there incase you ever have someone do a visual on your car.

As far as running it under the axle, you will lose ground clearance but on my setup it's not any lower than it is by the driver's side collector.