Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Camaro Z28 oil pressure sensor install

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2002 Camaro Z28 oil pressure sensor install

Hello all.

I getting a rear main seal replaced in my 02 Camaro Z28 B4C. Thought about doing it myself, but got a good deal (I hope!)

The tranny shop suggested replacing the oil pressure sensor "while they're back there".

They're actually offering to do this for no extra money if I take the part to them.

I don't question their honesty, but I'm not so sure you can install that part from the "bottom up" as opposed to from the top of the engine down.

I just don't want to spend $72 for the part and find out they can't install it from the bottom with the tranny out.

Does anyone know the install procedure for this? I have looked in my Chilton manual, online, without success. I need to leave in about 25 minutes to get this part, so if you're reading this...PLEASE advise!

Thanks for any advice!

Has anyone else heard about a recall (from PARTS dept) on the OEM rear main seal?main seal
Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could easily change the oil pressure sending unit while the trans is out and the motor is tilted back.......although I don't know that I'd change it just "because". That's one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type of deals. Your call though.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thanks!

I think I'll go for the "Easy Now" approach because I've heard these parts are prone to leaks.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro Z28 oil pressure sensor install