Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Coils Not Firing.. Whats going on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 Coils Not Firing.. Whats going on?

I just put my car back together after a year long hiatus.. The only thing that I have changed since it last ran is that I had relocated the coils and now I put them back on the valve covers and used a set of Truck Coils. Everything has gone rather smoothly until yesterday when I cranked it for the first time. It sounded like **** and I knew right off the bat that it was only running on 6-7 cylinders.. So I checked all the coil packs and I found 2 that were not firing at all. I thought to myself "I have never seen an LSX engine with a bad coil" and I knew then that I had a problem.. I took two coils off of my truck and replaced the two that were not firing.. Still nothing.. So I thought it was the coil wiring harness and I just so happened to have an extra set of coil brackets with the harness' on them. So I took the coils off of the 1st set of brackets and put them on the 2nd set of brackets I had laying around.. Still nothing from the same two coils.. Its wierd cause its 1 coil on each side thats not firing. Every coil has 4 wires each and 1 of those wires is Red which is HOT when the key is ON. I checked all of those with a test light and they are all HOT like they are suppose to be.

Could this be the computer?? I checked the engine harness and everything looks fine as far as I can tell. A friend came over with a multi-meter and he says its the computer.. I checked all grounds and everything is good.

Anyone else had any experience with this issue or have any ideas that might help? I'm ready to get this thing tuned so HEEEEELLLP!!!!!! Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Somebody.. Anybody??
Old 09-26-2008, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

I'm having a similar problem. And have no clue.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

i'm having the same problem but its 2 coils on the same side
Old 10-28-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

double check the pins inside the connector, and grounds.. not much help but that is all i can think off

Quick Reply: 2 Coils Not Firing.. Whats going on?