Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smooth Bellows: The cheap way

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Smooth Bellows: The cheap way

I would have to see dyno numbers to believe this smooth bellows would make a difference. The passage in the factory bellows is so much larger than the throttle body. Even with some turbulence the cfm through the bellows has to be greater than the throttle body.

Show my dyno numbers and prove me wrong. If it really increases hp I will gladly buy one. I don't want one that is going to crack my lid or pull it off with engine torque.
It's not going to make more than a hp increase but it will make the maf read the air a little better. I did it last week and it made my A4 down shift with less gas.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is it going to effect the way the MAF reads when it's after the MAF? I think your A4 down shiting with less throttle is in your head. What throttle position it downshifts at a given speed is all a matter of programming.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:13 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a lid and I just trimmed a little bit at a time off the fernco until it fit really good. I'm not worried about the lid cracking at all...its rubber...it flexes....and the fernco fits perfect.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks guys, I will probably due the fernco, but Im waiting to get a lid and FTRA before I do it, mine as well do it all at once, just wanted some info....Ive heard of the cracking issue before though
Old 08-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Launching!

The fernco will flex some but I don't think it anywhere near as flexible as the baker or stock hose for that matter. The fernco is actually pretty ridgid when trying to make a little offset. Best way I've found it to cut it at an angle to keep from bending it.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:38 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thats what I did.