Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing coil packs???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing coil packs???

Good day today, fixed up my little boo boo on my starter wire also checked all my fuses and they seem good But you can't check the thick gray ones correct?
Also finally got the damn oil drain plug to come off, only took 2.5 days!!!

Anyhow I cleaned up my mess in the garage and planned out tomorrow, I took a look at the coil packs and remember reading a post earlier about a guy who put them on wrong and how he is misfiring now. Well I went to go look at which one goes where and they look exactly the same

So members of LS1tech.com, lend me your knowledge and please explain to me how I figure out which coil pack goes on which side

Overall though I am feeling real good guys, thanks for all your help the past few days.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Installing coil packs???

The whole gang of coil packs can be swapped from side to side. On the wires there should be cyclinder numbers. The numbers will be on little white tape.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:55 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks, i'll take a look at it today!
Hopefully mother nature doesn't hit me with a storm like the past 4 days!!!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As SSGirl said, all ignition coils are the same and it makes absolutely no difference which cylinder you put them back on. As for the wires, they are so tightly wrapped in tape that I dont think you could hook them up out of order if you tried. They are numbered as well, so you shouldn't have any problems figuring out which side is which.