Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Won't start! Help please =(

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Won't start! Help please =(

Just got done removing the heads, doing a lifter and intake swap... Got everything back together, got in the driver seat, went to start it, it almost cranks, but it won't fire up. So I got out, looked at the engine, used my remote start, tried to turn it on, the fuel pump goes on, and I watched the crank pulley. It acts like it is going to start up, moves about a quarter of an inch and goes back to its original position. All 3 grounds are set. I grounded 2 of the ground on one bolt on the back of the head. I'm so effing frustrated. Any suggestions on what the problem could be? Please tell me I don't have to disassemble the damn thing again... =( Thanks guys.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:18 AM
Teching In

Ok I noticed the starter sparking. So I manually turned the motor with a breaker bar. Went to start it, there was a pop and then I could hear the starter spinning. So I think I just bound up the starter gear on the flywheel and when I cranked the motor, it allowed it to strip. I was wondering if a bound up starter could be the cause of the engine not firing?
Old 05-18-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did u reconnet the cam senor? Recheck everything.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Teching In

...Got under the car, the starter was hanging there. Broke the block and tore off the starter tab... F*%# me! LoL Could the starter being bound up cause this? I hope to God I didn't mess up on the reinstallation of the heads... Made sure it was clean and the holes were dry... But I could of missed some on the back ones... As I recall it was kind of hard putting them in halfway through... Got easier at the end. Holy crap... Am I really as screwed as I think I am..? Or could it be as simple as a bound starter...? I wouldn't think it would hydrolock from a bad head gasket considering I just replaced them and had even started the motor.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Launching!

I'm sure its not hydrolocked, unless the water just poured right on the combustion chamber.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Teching In

You're right, I don't think it's hydrolocked either. The engine wouldn't have been able to crank backwards if it was. And when it fired I probably would of had something snap inside of the motor. Hopefully I can get the starter mounts welded back on to the starter and the block for fairly cheap. I'm tired of dealing with this thing. She's my baby, but she's asking way too much.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Teching In

No welders in town are willing to deal with it... Sounds perfect. I doubt JB Weld will work, but that is my only option at this point or buy a new bolt for something as stupid as this...
Old 05-19-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

my friend welds, im sure it just needs a few beads here and there right?