Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve stem seals - need advice - conformation

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Valve stem seals - need advice - conformation

Bought some parts from a well known Texas speed shop - asked for a set of valve stem seals (for used 2002 Z06 heads - the originals are probably fine, but I have personality disorders).

I asked if they were "GM" and were told "yes". The package arrived today - no GM markings, just in a generic bag. They are neither brown nor black. They are light to medium blue with a gray metal band around the base.

I am leaning towards just using them, but it would be nice to hear some words of experience / other folks that can confirm these are good as or better than stock items.

I had my head swap all planned for this weekend, so I need to know ASAP. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they will be just fine. I got felpro seals and they are blue. I think they are all about the same
Old 05-23-2008, 12:23 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The Felpro's are blue. Thats probably what they sent you. I'd prefer Felpro anyway.

Nice car in your sig.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Launching!

TTT - any one else what to chime in?
Old 05-23-2008, 04:51 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They're correct as long as it's the style with the seat and seal in two different pieces. That blue one is the viton seal IIRC, which is generally prefered to the GM part.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 05-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
They're correct as long as it's the style with the seat and seal in two different pieces. That blue one is the viton seal IIRC, which is generally prefered to the GM part.
O.k., yes you sold them to me Just expected GM and recvd these. Heard negative things about Felpro head gaskets, didn't know if that carried over. These don't have a "base", just a flat end to the barrel - so I assume I have the right seals.