Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP's are in.

Old 08-12-2003, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLP's are in.

Ok well it took me 2 days of work and around 8 hours total of actual work. Everything went relatively smooth on the install and everything ligned up properly.

Taking the stock system off was the hardest part of the whole job since I wasnt high enough for it to fall out so I had to snap the 3 bolts on either pipe right behind each cat. Once that was done they were tough to squeeze out with the heat shields still on but can be done.

The install was a snap. Both headers took about 1 min tops to slid up into place and get all the bolts ligned up took maybe 10 min on each side. Only sang was that the drain plug needed to be out to get the driver side header up.

Once we hooked everything up, put oil in the car we turned it over. The idle was very choppy and around 400-500 rpm. I gave it a quick rev to 3k and it popped so i turned it off. Checked all the plug wires and started it up again with no trouble at all. Sat at 900 until it warmed up and dropped to 750 rpms and has a nice deep idle.

Whoever said that Longtubes and the Loudmouth dont go together are wrong and have no sense of muscle car sound. The LM alone was a higher pitch sound with cant hold a candle to what the car sounds like now. Deep and loud at idle, and rips in the upper RPM;s with a sound reminessant(sp) of the older muscle cars.

All in all, I loved doing the install and my aching body was well worth the gains. Great SOTP feel out of the box and should get even better with a tune. Ill see if I can take a video clips ASAP.

Mark
Old 08-12-2003, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: FLP's are in.

Get those clips soon! Glad everything worked out though.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

'High Five' on breaking the manifold to ypipe bolts. I did the same thing when I installed my FLPs.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats FKN GREAT...I have the LM catback and I'm gettin the FLP LT's on next week. I've got my cats gutted but its still not loud enough for me. When I start it up I want my neighbors to think the world is coming to an end!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

Congrats on the install ! Did you do the install on jack stands and How high did you get the car up ?
Old 08-13-2003, 02:56 AM
TECH Regular

Nice, I still love mine as well--very easy to install...

PIZZONFORD: Believe me, all of my neighbors hate me
Old 08-13-2003, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

So far Ive only run the car with teh cats and it is alot deeper at idle I absolutely love it. IF you can recall the blast you hear when starting with just the LM, multiply that by 10 and alot deeper and your neighbors will love you believe me.

All I had to use in the driveway was a floor jack and jack stands. I put the floor jack all the way up which I believe was to 20 inches. Taking out the old stuff was alot harder than putting the new stuff in, just be careful when taking them out on the pass side not to cut the wires next to the header.

Good luck with your install Pizz, just take your time. Its not a hard install, just time consuming.

Mark
Old 08-13-2003, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

I am a rookie but i love installing my own stuff. All im worried about is passing emissions.What can i do to install longtubes and be able to pass emissions?
Old 08-13-2003, 03:51 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cool . i was gonna go with the flp seup but found a better deal from a board member.

my setup should be installed soon.

http://www.ls1camaro.net/freehosting/DSC00266.JPG
http://www.ls1camaro.net/freehosting/DSC00268.JPG
http://www.ls1camaro.net/freehosting/DSC00269.JPG
http://www.ls1camaro.net/freehosting/DSC00277.JPG
http://www.ls1camaro.net/freehosting/DSC00270.JPG
Old 08-13-2003, 07:31 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad Jason found a buyer I hope you like the setup!

Search this Thread