Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final Modding...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I have a pretty big system myself and i haven't had any problems with my ud pulley. So ls6 intake, ud pulley, ported tb and tune. Then call it quits. I would not get gears
How many watts rms? Mine is 2,200 watts rms total (2 amps.) Already the voltage meter jumps when I want to crank the tunes. But about the mods I agree with you.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CranMaro99
How many watts rms? Mine is 2,200 watts rms total (2 amps.) Already the voltage meter jumps when I want to crank the tunes. But about the mods I agree with you.
My system is a little smaller than yours but i run a lot of stuff in my car. The system is 1,600 watts. I have 2 amps, capacitor, complete nitrous kit, in dash tv, nitrous pressure gauge and remote bottle opener. I don't want to wire anything else LOL. My needle moves around when i crank it up as well but its been like that for about 3 years. And you are correct, you can buy the alt overdrive pulley
Old 06-10-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

After I pay off the car I just plan on getting a ported TB, LS6 intake, and UD pulley system. I'll do ti al lat once and call her done!

Thanks for the tips. But I'm still on the fence on the overdrive alt pulley. I'm pretty sure if I get the UD pulley and then want to get the overdrive pulley it will cost more in new belts and doing the install all over again, so I mise well do it right the first time... However I'm not sure if I'll need it.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the brakes go with brembo blanks and hawk pads. Ive only installed the back rotors and man there's a HUGE difference, a lot more touchy and amazing braking
Old 06-10-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I'll probably just go that route as well.