Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size headers for a T Rex cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 04gtoBMXracer
idk man, h/c/i and a 200+shot of nitrous? i think the 1 7/8 will make a little more power than 1 3/4. im not saying 10-15hp but a couple...
I've never seen any proof of that. Maybe with a 200 shot you'd make more peak, but I'd imagine you'd still lose some low end. I'd go stepped in that case. I'd personally go 1 7/8 with a stroker or big FI because the power is there all the time. You won't be using nitrous all the time, and while the 1 7/8 headers may help you at the track with nitrous, they'll hurt you on the street in many cases. That's the way I see it in my own twisted mind, so take it for what it's worth.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats what I've always thought. Whats the point in having the biggest headers when your only going to be spraying a few seconds at a time a couple times a year?

Aint my car, aint my call.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabian
Thats what I've always thought. Whats the point in having the biggest headers when your only going to be spraying a few seconds at a time a couple times a year?

Aint my car, aint my call.
lmao, you know if you had nitrous you wouldnt only spray a "couple" times a year!!