Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about loose hose??!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about loose hose??!!

ok, i just did a cam sawp and my car hasnt been running good, i thought it was running rich because when i try and take off, going about 40, i put it to about half throttle and it just boggs down and sometimes it kinda back fires, them we started to look for a loose connection and i found the hard plastic tube on the drivers side of the intake that goes to the fuel line (i guess) was loose, its the hose thats only about 6 in long and to take it off you have to push these white clamps down and then pull them off!! if anyone knows what im talkin about, could i just get a hose and clamp it on there or get a new one? and would the hard hose be better for the press. (or whatever that tube is there for)than a flexible one? thanks

ps. i swapped with a friend and after i put his on, it ran fine!!????
Old 08-16-2003, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: question about loose hose??!!

anyone had this problem?
Old 08-16-2003, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That hose is for the fuel vapor purge system. It attaches to the fuel vapor purge valve and of course the intake manifold. I broke the little white clips on mine too. Just shoved it in the manifold without the white plastic clip. Didn't have a vacumm leak at all.

The white clip does not tighten the hose down at all. Just keeps the hose from pulling out of the manifold.

BTW, you cannot just order the clip or the plastic hose by itself. You need to purchase the whole purge valve. It comes with the hose and it's plastic clip as a complete assembly.

Ron,
Old 08-16-2003, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

I broke mine too while swapping manifolds. I just cut the stiff, stock, hose in the middle and slipped a piece of fuel line over it and manifold fitting. No leaks. (And no annoying white tab crap either!!!)

Tommy
Old 08-18-2003, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks, could i just slip a rubber hose on there? instead of buying a new one? thanks