Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks Revised F body Header

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kooks Revised F body Header

We here at Kooks Custom Headers have strived for 45 years to bring the general public and the racing community the highest quality Header and exhaust systems in the world. We would like to introduce the newest version of the F-Body header. The Changes that you will see are our Stamped merge collectors on all F-Body headers now comes standard at no additional cost to the consumer. We have also incorporated an extra 02 bung in the driver side collector for A/F ratio or wide band for dyno tuning purposes. We will also include a stainless steel plug for the extra bung if it is not going to be put to use. All this is in addition to our normal Kooks craftsmanship like 304S/S construction throughout including the y pipe; all hardware is included from the clamps to the gaskets to the new bolt kit. Produced here in our 24,000 square foot facility located right here in Long Island, NY all this with not a single increase in cost to the consumer.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice !
Old 06-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

I'm Getting A Set Next Week!!!!!
Can't Wait!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now...here's the important question. Do they exit in the same exact spot as before (thus making it a direct replacement)?
Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Is this similar to the "signature series" that I see out for the GTO now? Wish I hadn't already bought headers... my friend's kooks on his GTO are second to none quality.

-J
Old 06-12-2008, 04:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

yes they are. Thanks for the kind words
Old 06-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Resident

That's great news, George. Can't wait to see some pictures. For some reason, I love the look of a new set of headers
Old 06-13-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Uh oh... It looks like QTP is in trouble now... (in no referrence or suggestion to Choco'.)
Old 06-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by radz282003
Uh oh... It looks like QTP is in trouble now... (in no referrence or suggestion to Choco'.)
Why? These headers are a big threat to ARH, not so much QTP.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

How are they a threat to ARH, just curious.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Why? These headers are a big threat to ARH, not so much QTP.
lol whys that?
Old 06-13-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

lets see some pics.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:59 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 99zman
lets see some pics.
Pics would be nice...
Old 06-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by lastcall190
How are they a threat to ARH, just curious.
Because Kooks and ARH have the two most expensive headers for our cars. The ARH's seemed to be more popular because of their merge collectors, and that alone made them a better deal for relatively the same money. It kind of put Kooks on the sideline for awhile. Now that Kooks offers the same collectors, there is no real advantage to the ARH headers anymore. Since they are priced almost the same, there's no advantage to the ARH's anymore, putting Kooks back up at the top. I say they're not a big theat to QTP's because QTP's are on a lower pricing level as Kooks or ARH.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:07 AM
9 Second Club

Because Kooks and ARH have the two most expensive headers for our cars. The ARH's seemed to be more popular because of their merge collectors, and that alone made them a better deal for relatively the same money. It kind of put Kooks on the sideline for awhile. Now that Kooks offers the same collectors, there is no real advantage to the ARH headers anymore. Since they are priced almost the same, there's no advantage to the ARH's anymore, putting Kooks back up at the top. I say they're not a big theat to QTP's because QTP's are on a lower pricing level as Kooks or ARH.
arh still has an incredible fitting header. im going to assume kooks has tweaked the design as they have had some fitment issues on some cars (albeit not bad) plus kooks headers are available without a y pipe as well and are on a similar price point with qtp at that point which would put them in competetion with qtp also. but then again so are the new lpp headers only at a much cheaper price then a qtp.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Resident

I'm speaking of headers only. I've heard fitment complaints with every brand, be it QTP, Kooks, ARH and all the low end headers, also. Naturally, you'll hear more complaints about the headers that sell more, and the cheaper headers tend to sell more. I'd expect more fitment complaints from QTP and Kooks because they have sold a lot more headers than ARH over the years. I've heard great things about Kooks fitment also, and I'd love to see these new ones vs. ARH. I'm always glad to see new and revised products on the market. It makes me happy to see that our cars have been discontinued for 6 years and people are still coming out with new things.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:45 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not sure that the collectors on the new kooks are like the ones on the QTP's or ARH's. Those are a high velocity style merge collector. The original post simply stated a "stamped" collector. I'm exactly sure what a stamped collector is.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I'm not sure that the collectors on the new kooks are like the ones on the QTP's or ARH's. Those are a high velocity style merge collector. The original post simply stated a "stamped" collector. I'm exactly sure what a stamped collector is.
Read George's post again.
Originally Posted by GeorgeR@kooks
The Changes that you will see are our Stamped merge collectors on all F-Body headers now comes standard at no additional cost to the consumer.
It says they come with merge collectors. The collectors QTP and ARH have are called "merge collectors." "High velocity merge collectors" or HVMC's are QTP's trademark for their collector design. It's like calling a tissue a Kleenex - that word belongs to QTP only. However, they are ALL merge collectors. You have standard collectors and you have merge collectors. All merge collectors are essentially the same.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:45 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeorgeR@kooks
We here at Kooks Custom Headers have strived for 45 years to bring the general public and the racing community the highest quality Header and exhaust systems in the world. We would like to introduce the newest version of the F-Body header. The Changes that you will see are our Stamped merge collectors on all F-Body headers now comes standard at no additional cost to the consumer. We have also incorporated an extra 02 bung in the driver side collector for A/F ratio or wide band for dyno tuning purposes. We will also include a stainless steel plug for the extra bung if it is not going to be put to use. All this is in addition to our normal Kooks craftsmanship like 304S/S construction throughout including the y pipe; all hardware is included from the clamps to the gaskets to the new bolt kit. Produced here in our 24,000 square foot facility located right here in Long Island, NY all this with not a single increase in cost to the consumer.
Great news. Now put a better siamesed collector on the y pipe.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:14 PM
9 Second Club

Read George's post again.

It says they come with merge collectors. The collectors QTP and ARH have are called "merge collectors." "High velocity merge collectors" or HVMC's are QTP's trademark for their collector design. It's like calling a tissue a Kleenex - that word belongs to QTP only. However, they are ALL merge collectors. You have standard collectors and you have merge collectors. All merge collectors are essentially the same.
actually hvmc is a qtp trademark. the words high velocity merge collector arent. they are used fairly freely. and the kooks post didnt mention a velocity spike in the merge collector so id be curious to see if it uses the velocity type collector as well. im still searching for this complaint about the arh fitment you keep talking about.

Quick Reply: Kooks Revised F body Header