Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone familiar with pennsylvania emissions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone familiar with pennsylvania emissions?

I am moving up to Aleghany county Pennsylvania, and there is no way my car is going to pass emissions there. I know I will have to add cats to my current sysyem. I have hooker LT's, so where do I get a catted y-pipe for these? Or can I even keep the LT's? Other than that I think the system is pretty good. No SES light or anything like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Teching In

The entire emissions process is done throught the OBD-II connector. If your SES light isn't on, you should pass. The only problem is if the mechanic actually bothers looking for cats. They don't have to, but they might notice it during the inspection process. I'm not sure how the mechanics are in alleghany county, but here (down by philly) you can usually get away with it b/c nobody cares too much. The bad news is that they've been cracking down on emissions recently, so depending on the mechanic, they might be starting to look for these things again.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks man, I was actually thinking about gutting out some cats and having them installed. That way if they do look they are there. I didn't know if they actually did a sniffer test in Pittsburgh or not.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 846 Likes on 647 Posts

DON'T DO IT. DO NOT MOVE TO ALLEGHENY COUNTY. If possible move to washington, butler, westmoreland or beaver counties. As for emissions, it depends on the county you live in. Beaver and Allegheny counties have emissions. Some don't have emissions requirements. Those that do have the computer plugin type of emissions. As long as you have no codes and the computer reads fine you should be ok. I'd put cats on just to be safe.