Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size are the FBody motor mount bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What size are the FBody motor mount bolts?

I've seriously searched all morning yesterday and found nothing. I'm sure some of you might know this off the top of your heads.

1.What four bolts are used for the FBody motor mounts that bolt to the block?

2.What long bolt, nut and washer is used to put thru the motor mount to hold the engine up?.

Size, thread pitch and length would be awesome fellas.

I originally ordered the ARP LS1/LS2 motor mount bolt kit and they sent me a pack of 6 bolts? What the hell is that? That isn't even a real "motor mount bolt kit". Costed me $20 bucks plus $6 dollars shipping and the restocking fee is $20 bucks so I think I will have to eat it. I was expecting 8 motor mount bolts and 2 long bolts and 2 nuts 2 washers. Guess I was dreaming.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

No one?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

I know this thread is a couple months old, but seriously we decided the same thing to spend a few extra bucks because we are using ARP hardware exclusively and got 6 (12 point) bolts? WTH??
Old 08-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Launching!

It's not worth much, but the 8 bolts that bolt the clamshell to the block are 13mm and about an inch or so long, and the long bolts are 18mm and probably a good 4" long at least. All bolts seem to be a coarse thread. I just did the mounts and this was the best I could remember.

Hope it helps!

Quick Reply: What size are the FBody motor mount bolts?