Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Exhaust Installed!

Old 06-29-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Exhaust Installed!

I just got my new exhaust system installed.

Magnaflow SPUN Cats ($191.98)
Custom Y Pipe, Piping & Installation ($190)
SLP LM2 Muffler ($92.95)
Dual DTM Exhaust Tips ($64.80)

I bought the LM2, Cats, & Tips myself. So i saved some money there (exhaust shops charge a grip for systems). Total price of these were $349.73. Now the local shop did the Custom Y Pipe & the rest of the piping and installation for just $190. So in compete total price, it came out to $539.73. (Another local shop charged me $480 for a Magnaflow System. Same shop also charged me $120 to install just the tips. WTF??? lol)

System sounds great, i love the deep tone it has. At WOT from a 35MPH take off. You hear popping sounds, is this normal for the LM2 muffler??? I love it, but im going from a crappy Flowmaster Catback to this system. So this popping at WOT is something new to me....

Ppl are up & down about my exhaust tips but i like em for now. I know they dont look great, but there not the worst & its something new & unique. Only complaint i have is, very low ground clearance on the custom Y pipe on the driver side. He went 3" all the way from the Cats to the Muffler & out, then i believe went down to 2.5" or so to the tips. Im not sure, have to get under there & look. Is that the reason for little clearance?? Would LT's & ORY help this out a bit???

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that he wasnt able to remove the stock cats for some reason?? I forget what he said, but i know he told me. He went ahead and gut them out, then installed the new Magnaflow cats right behind em a bit. So i basically have 4 cats on the car, with 2 gutted & 2 working properly. Gives me more of a reason to get LT's though lol

Here's a few pics of the tips, ill get the car on some ramps later & take pics of the system itself....

Last edited by Badguy7; 06-29-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

how bout some vids? as far as popping goes at WOT ive nvr heard tht, u usually just get the popping noise on deceleration
Old 06-29-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Yeaa, im gonna try & get my cousin to video tape this for me for some vids. Could it just be that it's new system & needs to be broken in a bit?? Its not bad popping or anything, but you hear it only when im at low speeds of 35 or less & just put the pedal to the floor.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Yeaa, im gonna try & get my cousin to video tape this for me for some vids. Could it just be that it's new system & needs to be broken in a bit?? Its not bad popping or anything, but you hear it only when im at low speeds of 35 or less & just put the pedal to the floor.
It could actually be your y-pipe hitting the floorboard. That's not really popping but it could sound like that to some.

Search this Thread