Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FTRA users, need your opinions - Installation procedure

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008 | 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Yes do not forget to seal under your lower air box, i put weather stripping on top opening of the ram air then put the lower air box on top of that and fill where necessary to get it sealed. Also do not forget to seal your lid too!
Right, thanks for the info. What did you use to seal your lid?
Old 07-05-2008 | 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lets see some pics of your sealing job
Old 07-05-2008 | 03:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z28voodoo
oh and definitely get one... i love mine and my car responds quicker and is quicker top end. also no overheating or extra heat and its been 90+ degrees around here
different product, but they both have large masses that sit in front of the radiator:
i had installed my ssra (installed perfectly without problems per step-by-step directions provided) and thought there would be no overheating issues (as everyone suggests because it is plastic while comparing it with the ftra). then, in 40mph traffic on a 90 degree day i noticed the car was shifting a little slow and so i started data logging. the nice coolant temp gauge on the stock cluster indicated everything was great, but data logging showed that tranny fluid temps and engine coolant temps were 220-230 degrees. normally under even worse conditions (slower traffic on hotter days), they stay under 210. due to all the heat, i was also getting a decent amount of knock.

i took it off, but am keeping it for colder weather. based off the map sensor readings, i was seeing something like .15 to .3 psi.

anyone else plug in a scanner and check temperatures?