Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

want to order some jet-hot LT's, have a few newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default want to order some jet-hot LT's, have a few newbie questions

ive been looking into getting some jet-hot LT's for my car (01 Z28, completely stock). my question, do these headers already come with gaskets/bolts/collectors/etc...? When they say "egr and air fittings available", do I need the AIR fittings (01's have no EGR, right?)? also, i read they bring the o2 sensor bung, will i need o2 extensions for the fromt o2's (rears are getting 02 simms)? sorry for all the questions, i really appreciate the help!
Old 08-19-2003, 08:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: want to order some jet-hot LT's, have a few newbie questions

ive been looking into getting some jet-hot LT's for my car (01 Z28, completely stock). my question, do these headers already come with gaskets/bolts/collectors/etc...? When they say "egr and air fittings available", do I need the AIR fittings (01's have no EGR, right?)? also, i read they bring the o2 sensor bung, will i need o2 extensions for the fromt o2's (rears are getting 02 simms)? sorry for all the questions, i really appreciate the help!
They come with 'paper' gaskets. Reuse old or buy new GM metal gaskets. They come with bolts, once again reuse old, just clean them when they come out if necessary and apply anti-seize when re-inserting. You will need 12" O2 extensions for the front sensors. They come with collectors. Also, I bought a 10mm ratcheting wrench and it came in very handy.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok well i heard of people stretching the stock o2s to run into the header without extentions. if not jet hot sells extentions for 30 bucks for a pair. if you have the predator they can delete the rear o2's and the thing that spits in extra fuel to cool the cats when they get hot, its another 5-7 hp. its almost worth getting the predator. you save 80 bucks on sims, get 5-7 hp from just deleting that one thing, and plus you can have custom tune for more power.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

...and the thing that spits in extra fuel to cool the cats when they get hot, its another 5-7 hp...
im going to be doing a cam swap around christmas time, so ill just leave that for the tune. as far as the stock gaskets, if i cant reuse the stockers, i should be able to get them from any chevy dealer in the parts dept, right? thanks for the help so far, guys!
Old 08-20-2003, 01:22 AM
TECH Resident

i bought the hooker LT's and I am pretty sure they are the same as jethot. I am writing this because I went ahead and used the paper gasket that they supplied, I have had no problems with it "YET" so unless people are having serious problems with leaks I would go ahead and use the paper ones supplied. I also used the stock bolts makes install go much smoother!