Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my Kooks headers, a little disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine were perfect.... I personally wouldn't recommend any other headers and the quality is definitely worth it's price.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

My Kooks shirt was ****, can you send me some headers?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ealucero1
that's hilarious
Old 07-24-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ealucero1
WTF
Old 07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some of you guys bitching and being totally rude about the kooks stuff need to get a life. I'm sure some of the sponsors on here would tell you exactly where you could "stick it" if it didn't sound so unprofessional. Unfortunately they have to abide by more professional standards for obvious reasons... which is a good thing most of the time... but some of the time people are just plane rude for stupid reasons and should get put in their place if you ask me...

They fixed the issue, and offered the guy a free t-shirt out of the trouble involved... human error happens... they made it right or at least offered an apology...

/rant

P.S. I'm not talking about you 2000_SS... you were very sincere in your approach to this whole thing...
Old 07-24-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

thanks, i tried to be as nice as possible. i work in manufacturing so i know what happens. this is not a big deal at all. at least not to me. i got exactly what i paid for. people saying these headers are overpriced CLEARLY have never owned any. i can understand saying they aren't in your budget, that's a different issue entirely. some people do need to lighten up...this stuff happens. it's an easy fix. no complaints here.

i didn't expect anything for my "troubles." i'm 100% satisfied, but i am taking the shirt it's free advertising for Kooks, and a free shirt for me. like i said, i'll gladly buy another set when i outgrow these 1 7/8"
Old 07-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
some of you guys bitching and being totally rude about the kooks stuff need to get a life. I'm sure some of the sponsors on here would tell you exactly where you could "stick it" if it didn't sound so unprofessional. Unfortunately they have to abide by more professional standards for obvious reasons... which is a good thing most of the time... but some of the time people are just plane rude for stupid reasons and should get put in their place if you ask me...

They fixed the issue, and offered the guy a free t-shirt out of the trouble involved... human error happens... they made it right or at least offered an apology...

/rant

P.S. I'm not talking about you 2000_SS... you were very sincere in your approach to this whole thing...
I agree. When I bought my QTP's, even though they're already polished, I did it again just for the hell of it and smoothed out the insides of the collectors with some steel wool EVEN THOUGH they were just fine. I just wanted to make sure they were absolutely perfect, even though I couldn't detect any visible flaws anywhere. My point is, if you're going to be that picky, spend a couple minutes on them. If you're that picky, no matter how anyone ships your headers over, you'll find fault somewhere.

I'm sure I could find an imperfection on every single set of headers ever manufactured in the history of mankind. Fact is, it won't affect performance, it won't cause any damage, you won't see any side effects due to it and once the headers are installed, you'll never notice it. They're exhaust manifolds, not a dining table centerpiece. Give Kooks a break, they've been delivering us a quality product for many, many years. I give them the benefit of the doubt
Old 07-26-2008, 08:23 AM
9 Second Club

I used to have a set of Grottyohan 1 3/4" way back when also. Coating went to sh*t but I had them on the car for like 8 years, lol.
Now I have 1 7/8" Kooks. They're a good product.
In a perfect world it would be nice if they could put a bend in the #1 tube to clear the steering linkage for manual racks, other than that-no complaints.
QTP makes a damn nice header as well.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like Kooks is gonna take care of ya. Props to them. Ill have to check them out if I ever mod mine.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:38 AM
11 Second Club

See pics of the headers I got. None of that stuff going on and.... I didn't pay alot for my Muffler. Sorry to see this.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:04 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have to say that most people that order aftermarket parts sit there, hold, and play with headers the most. Some of you guys have such a header fetish I am surprised that no different types of "I Gots mai new HEaders!!!!11111" threads don't contain pictures of them sleeping with those lovely mandrel bent primaries.

So look at your parts carefully so you don't cut your mouth on the next shift **** you get shipped to your door.

PS: Anthony (Choco) you know I am talking about you!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Resident

I have no idea what you're talking about, Jordan. Maybe I just like shiny objects. Like a raccoon...
Old 07-26-2008, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

2000 SS,

On Byunspeed's site, it shows all their Kook's having "venturi collectors" which makes me think of HVMC. Yours don't have that. Did you order yours some time ago? Or is that as HV as it gets from Kooks?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Free t-shirt helps and it's nice to see a company stay behind their product
Old 07-26-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I would have to say that most people that order aftermarket parts sit there, hold, and play with headers the most. Some of you guys have such a header fetish I am surprised that no different types of "I Gots mai new HEaders!!!!11111" threads don't contain pictures of them sleeping with those lovely mandrel bent primaries.

So look at your parts carefully so you don't cut your mouth on the next shift **** you get shipped to your door.
Sounds like you know way too much about this not to have done it yourself
Old 07-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by frito1
2000 SS,

On Byunspeed's site, it shows all their Kook's having "venturi collectors" which makes me think of HVMC. Yours don't have that. Did you order yours some time ago? Or is that as HV as it gets from Kooks?
Look at his collectors. They are the new, updated design. They are high velocity merge collectors and they do have the spike in the collector. It's just hard to see with the shadows in the picture, but it's there.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
That's funny becauase the first time I saw my headers they were on my car with nothing behind them... just couldn't get over how they looked on MY car lol. Nnnnneways congrats on the Kooks. I believe George when he says this won't happen again heheh. I know they have a reputation to uphold and they've always done a good job of doing so.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Look at his collectors. They are the new, updated design. They are high velocity merge collectors and they do have the spike in the collector. It's just hard to see with the shadows in the picture, but it's there.
Ah, I guess I was just looking for it to neck down then get bigger (like the QTP's) to pull a nice vacuum
Old 07-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Resident

Personally, I love the way the QTP collectors look. I'd love to see someone dyno QTP vs. Kooks vs. ARH on the same dyno on the same day. Anyone have $2,500 lying around they don't need?
Old 07-26-2008, 08:06 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Full-Force
Sounds like you know way too much about this not to have done it yourself

Mine were used FLP's. Wasn't pretty enough to start a courtship with.

Quick Reply: got my Kooks headers, a little disappointed