Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Setup Q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intake Setup Q's

Hey guys

I want to see what my car can do bolt ons only before i save up for a cam and head swap, right now i have full exhaust with cutouts, LID, stall and gears.

I was wondering what an aggressive intake setup would produce on my car with an aggressive tune? maybe a fast 90/90 with a 100mm MAF, bellows, and injectors??

I researched this but there isnt much talk.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:42 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If your car is stock internally, you're really wasting your money doing all that stuff. The parts listed will give you around 20HP total on a stock engine. If that total cost is worth 20HP to you, go for it.

If you're wanting to squeeze the most out of your car stock internally, you need to focus on some other things since you've got most of the bolt ons. If you don't have an ASP underdrive pulley, you need to go ahead and get one of those. That's an easy 1-2 tenths @ the track. After that, start working on your suspension. Adding 3:42's or 3:73's in your rear end will pay dividends as well.

Good luck.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go FAST 90 for now. Its kinda over kill for just boltons....once the cam and heads go on its going to be more then worth it though.