Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow can you help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Magnaflow ---- HELP!!! Please answer me Magnaflow! I know your there!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread was recently brought to my attention. I am the sales rep for Magnaflow on LS1tech.com. Please understand that Magaflow does not frequent this website often so if you require immediate assistance you are encouraged to contact our 800 number or your Magnaflow retailer.

Originally Posted by litle88
Magnaflow just sent me an Email and told me to **** my self!
Thank you for contacting MagnaFlow.
You will not receive a response from this email address.
In order to better assist you, we've prepared the below list of common questions & answers to help speed you to an answer....
Frankly, I'm amazed how you were able to get your interpretation from a simple auto response email.

you forgot to quote this part of the email...
If you were not able to find the answers to your questions please visit:

http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/faq.asp , call us toll free at 800.990.0905 for any additional questions or comments, or

PLEASE EMAIL US YOUR SPECIFIC QUESTION AT moreinfo@magnaflow.com and be sure to include your question in the subject line.

The warranty Magnaflow offers is LIFETIME from all defects and by looking at your pictures that is definitely covered. The warranty claim has to be filed through the original retailer with proof of purchase and they will contact their supplier for the RMA, in this case I assume WideOpenSpeed is your retailer? Last I heard they were an Ebay retailer? There in lies the dilemma of purchasing online, ebay no less. You tend to sacrifice customer service for a lower purchase price.

Last edited by MagnaFlow_Rep; 08-25-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

any updates zeke?
Old 08-25-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You know it shouldnt make any difference where it was bought from. If Bin Laden had an ebay store and has a business liscence and buys from you guys and resales it then why does theirin lie a problem?

I used to sell mobile electronics and its my experience that manufacturers hide behind this crap to keep from replacing defective products. They figure if they make it difficult enough that the consumer will just not fool with it.

And hell yes, the consumer is gonna try to save money when they can. Im sure Magnaflow does too.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full-Force
You know it shouldnt make any difference where it was bought from. If Bin Laden had an ebay store and has a business liscence and buys from you guys and resales it then why does theirin lie a problem?

I used to sell mobile electronics and its my experience that manufacturers hide behind this crap to keep from replacing defective products. They figure if they make it difficult enough that the consumer will just not fool with it.

And hell yes, the consumer is gonna try to save money when they can. Im sure Magnaflow does too.
this is true i mean the guy has made the effort and given it a good shot. It seems like magnaflow is difficult when it comes to this stuff. But i still love my magnaflow it is an awesome product.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:04 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Full-Force
Because Bin Laden would be hiding in his cave running the business from his laptop and satellite phone and not have to worry about servicing the customer or carrying physical inventory where as GI Joe is working hard behind the counter of your neghborhood muffler shop and can offer you actual face to face customer service and has the stuff on the shelf behind him.
But jokes aside, please understand Magnaflow supports both the online and brick and mortar shops but facts are facts. You will be losing certain levels of customer service when you buy online at a lower cost. risk vs. value is what it comes down to. Try returning a defective TV to the Best Buy down the street versus returning it to bin-laden.com? That $150 you saved with free shipping doesn't look so great if you had a defective product and the only method of communication was email. Send them an email, wait for them to respond and give the approval. Then you had to box that heavy POS back up, drive it to the UPS shipping location, pay freight, wait for the part arrive to the retailer, the have to check it, wait for their email reply back. Then wait for the replacement.

Also, the Magnaflow Lifetime warranty can be handled at any local authorized Magnaflow dealer. So if you buy online and one day they go out of business you can do the warranty through a local brick and mortar muffler shop.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 910 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by MagnaflowRep
You will be losing certain levels of customer service when you buy online at a lower cost. risk vs. value is what it comes down to. Try returning a defective TV to the Best Buy down the street versus returning it to bin-laden.com? That $150 you saved with free shipping doesn't look so great if you had a defective product and the only method of communication was email. Send them an email, wait for them to respond and give the approval. Then you had to box that heavy POS back up, drive it to the UPS shipping location, pay freight, wait for the part arrive to the retailer, the have to check it, wait for their email reply back. Then wait for the replacement.
That is a very very good statement.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:44 PM

After reading the MagnaFlowRep's responses, you should be able to take your car to a magnaflow local authorized dealer. Try locating a authorized dealer near you and see what they can't help. The Rep even said that it should be covered under warranty. Good luck getting every thing taken care of. Trevor
Old 08-26-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Trev_SS
Just take it to a exhaust shop and have them weld that piece back on,
YEAH...**** happens.... Just needs a little welding.