Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

grinding front cover for slp oil pump and double roller?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default grinding front cover for slp oil pump and double roller?

They show you might have to grind cover in instructions for the slp oil pump and double roller combo. Did you have to or not..did you have to grind the pump?
Also some people think don't read the instructions.If you use the slp pump you don't need to use spacers .This might be why some people say they had to grind and others think didn't.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have never liked any thing i got from slp. I have a rollmaster double and a tsp ported ls6 pump with the spacers in and I have no clearance problems with the stock ls1 timing cover.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the pump and the double roller, I did not use the spacers but what I did was pit a thin layer of grease on the timing chain links that face the cover and then install the covey with you old gasket. I had one spot in the middle area of the cover that was very close and transfered grease to the inside of the cover. I only had to do minimal grinding to get it to clear.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your not using a double-roller set-up, then are correct and do not have to use the spacers... which means you shouldn't have to do any clearancing