Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going with G5X2 concerned with size of valves

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Going with G5X2 concerned with size of valves

I purchased a set of Home ported heads that have not been milled they have Ferrera Stainless one piece valves 2.055 on the intake and 1.60 on the exhaust and I just purchased a set of Rev Dual springs. I will be going with the G5X2 cam unless the X3 is available soon.I was aware of having piston to valve clearance if the heads were milled too much but my question is what role does the size of the valves play will these valves be okay with this cam.

Thanks In Advance
Gilbert
Old 09-18-2003, 12:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Going with G5X2 concerned with size of valves

If the heads are on the car, or not, Simply put any piston at TDC, pull an intake valvespring, and measure how far the valve "Drops" before it touches the piston. If you measurement is less than .195" of an inch, you will need to flycut the pistons.

GIve Lou a call at LGM, and he can double check your calcs and get you what you need

Louis
Old 09-18-2003, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

GIve Lou a call at LGM, and he can double check your calcs and get you what you need

Louis
I have called Lou and emailed him but it was just to find out if the G5X3 was available or if he would honor this deal he posted G5X2 cam for $389 I wouldn't want to bother( Jackie,Jamie, Lou) with a question if I can get an answer from here. The heads are a different set which are off the car right now I was going to swap the heads and cam myself (first time) but I don't think I would be able to check the clearance. So I wanted to see if any body running this cam had the same size valves on there heads.

Thanks Gilbert
Old 09-19-2003, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTT